Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Apologies in advance as I tried searching and couldn't find anything.
Has anyone purchased headlight or taillight covers and/or tinted theirs?

I saw an R.T with them and liked the look. I have a black 2020 R/T and was looking into somehing like this to complete my blackout attempt. Wasnt sure what others were doing or have done and also how it may impair the front headlights and if i should just focus on rear? I saw a bunch of pre-cut tint on ebay, for example.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i have been looking all around. Is tint, or a fully tinted HID assembly the only options really?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Apologies in advance as I tried searching and couldn't find anything.
Has anyone purchased headlight or taillight covers and/or tinted theirs?

I saw an R.T with them and liked the look. I have a black 2020 R/T and was looking into somehing like this to complete my blackout attempt. Wasnt sure what others were doing or have done and also how it may impair the front headlights and if i should just focus on rear? I saw a bunch of pre-cut tint on ebay, for example.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.
Check out Luxe Auto, I purchased mine from them and they look awesome.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow - that does look awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Does anyone know if its illegal to do this in some states?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found that the gridready are much better (wet application) than the luxe auto. I've had both on a 2015 Limited and now a 2020 RT both black with the blacktop package. I'll take a pic in the morning for you. Also Gridready was much better communicating with than luxe. I'm not sure about the legality but I know in NY i've never been stopped for it. Speeding is another story.

·
Registered
224 Posts
They are probably not legal but I have had cops right behind me and never blinked. At night the racetrack is so bright its even better with blackouts I. The middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts