Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
My kit had everything, maybe they missed including the small parts bag. Give them a call, I'm sure they will send them to you.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT 392 Lightweight vice white, Mopar springs & exhaust
34 Posts
I have the 2021 SRT 392, but Mishimoto says it will fit because the Mopar part is the same.

Questions--

Is there a performance benefit over the stock radiator (SRT 392 w/ towing package) that I have now?

Also, do you re-use the stock fan or need a new fan, and if so what is a direct fit? I have used dual SPAL fan in the past for my Neon SRT-4 ACR, but I had to have custom brackets welded on the race radiator.

If the Mishimoto is thicker, but it is still a direct fit, any gotchas about fitment?

By the way, also looking for good silicone hoses.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone know which silicone hose is the right one?

I think (not sure) the Mopar parts for the Durango SRT 392 are:

Mopar Radiator Outlet Hose 68056029AG
Mopar Radiator Inlet Hose 55038026AJ

Using these part numbers I can pull up pictures of what the radiator hoses should look like.

On Fast Hemis, when I search the Durango SRT 392, Fast Hemis send me over to the parts page for the Jeep Cherokee SRT and lists the HPS: 57-1456-RED. Nowhere does it actually say it works on the Durango. This part number looks identical to the Mishimoto Jeep Cherokee SRT part MMHOSE-WK2-12RD. Possibly one of them is the OEM and rebranding the other?

Good so far, but Mishimoto officially lists a different part, and they actually say "fits Durango:" It is the MMHOSE-MOP64-11BK for the Charger, Challenger, and 300. This part doesn't look anything like the Mopar pictures, but there are dozens of eBay listings from Mishimoto stating that this part fits the Durango SRT 392. What the heck?

Anyone know for sure, who is the real OEM here, and should I get the Charger/Challenger/300 hoses for the Durango instead of the Jeep Cherokee hoses?

Thanks if you can help!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Before I order, good to ask-- anyone know if there are other race radiators for the Durango, besides the Mishimoto?

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's a great look!

Do you have any recommendations for how to change the temp at which the fans come on?

Not sure I need to tune anything yet, but I want to program the fans for a lower temp thermostat.

The Diablo (?) seems like overkill, and it looks like I would have to add a tune before can modify the fans temperature, or maybe I misunderstood something.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
That's a great look!

Do you have any recommendations for how to change the temp at which the fans come on?

Not sure I need to tune anything yet, but I want to program the fans for a lower temp thermostat.

The Diablo (?) seems like overkill, and it looks like I would have to add a tune before can modify the fans temperature, or maybe I misunderstood something.

Thanks.
You can modify the stock factory tune with the Diablo, fan temps, mph, add rpm , timing, etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts