Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has finally come through with a 2 row radiator for 2012 up Durangos and Grand Cherokees. I asked Mishimoto about this at LS Fest and was told that one was in the works. I checked the website recently and it's there along with an installation video into a Grand Cherokee SRT. I don't really have many miles on mine but noticed that the factory 203° thermostat runs as low as 199° sometimes. It would be nice to be able to hold that temp most of the time. Towing in hot weather must really drive that temp up with the factory 1 row unit.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just encase anyone is interested, this was not easy to find on their website, but it there:

This works on the 3.6L V6 up to '15 as well as the 5.7L applications. I had my factory HD unit (part of the trailer towing package) replaced under warranty. If the current one ever starts leaking at the side tank O-ring gasket joint like the first one did - most likely inevitable, this maybe what I would buy (expensive though) and use as a permanent fix.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
This is great news. I was talking to the rep from Wizard Cooling about one for the Durango at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA last year and was given a quote of $750 plus the cost of an oem for mock up. Definitely on the parts list now.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
This radiator is awesome, great craftsmanship.

Reactions: LIDurangoRT

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Installed it yesterday.
Test fitted the radiator, then dressed it out with AC condenser & fan.

Reactions: DaveG

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I replaced the AC condenser as well and was doing some other work so I needed the entire front clear.
I don't tow, but preparing to run it at Maple Grove dragway and add a ProCharger in the future.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Yes it has the towing package with HD cooling.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Can't see it because the AC condenser is in front of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
You can get another 5% off this radiator now, use code SPG2020 at checkout. Brings the total down to $607.95

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I can't answer that for you, it would depend if you tow long distances, hot climate up steep terrain.
Like I said earlier, I was getting ready to run 1/4 mile test & tune and some grudge races at Maple Grove Raceway, but that is set aside until this Coronavirus lockdown is over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts