Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hows it going, just wondering if anyone has drove their durango in snow, or have a video posted of how it handles in deep snow ? Out here where i am in Boston Mass we get hella snow during winter, and my durango hasn't even touched snow yet. If anyone makes a video or has a video on youtube posted please share your links. If i don't see one, i might just make a review on youtube and share it for you guys. Just curious thats all :? .. well happy holidays! and drive safe!

Flavio Gomes..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey good point! , and your right about ice though ill definitely be more careful with that ! thanks!

·
Administrator
8,035 Posts
I live about 10 minutes from snow in SoCal and the first weekend that it snowed after buying my D I went up into a local canyon Little Creek) for a trial in the snow. This was when it was bone stock with Goodyear R/T's for tires. I got up to the canyon and there was about 6" of snow on the ground. I was following an older K5 blazer going up the road, when he stopped and got out and locked his front hubs. We wen @ a mile further and he stopped, because he couldn't go any further. All of the other cars/trucks out had stopped at he same place. I shifted into 4hi and proceeded @ a mile further before the gate cross the road was locked. No problems slipping, anything. Drove like it was on tracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First, I would like to say hello to everybody and apologize for my bad English. I am Swiss and proud owner of a 2012 Durango Crew Lux, 3.6. It's a great car. I am living in Switzerland, so I often drive through snow and ice at the mountains. It's wonderfull to drive through snow! I feel very secure, never had troubles. Often I saw other cars needed snow chains but not with a D (of course I own 😉...). Two weeks ago, I was on a Snow&Ice Training. Two Audi S3, BMW X3, Jeep GC, a Nissan and my D. The hill start was for the Jeep and my D no problem. The other cars had some troubles 😀... Also breaking on snow, and slalom (from side to side) no big deal for a D. Best wishes

·
Registered
469 Posts
I live in KY and we've had snow and ice so far. The Durango does just fine on either one. My dad's road is gravel with a steep incline right off the main road and was completely iced over from melting snow freezing overnight. Had I been in my old Charger, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it up that incline, much less back down it. The R/T AWD did just fine on the ice. Around here even the smallest amount of snow/ice on the parkway has pickup trucks landing in the median and ditches because they have no back end weight like an SUV and they drive like idiots. I've said this elsewhere, but as long as you're driving smart and not like it's a sunny day with clear roads then you'll be just fine (no spinning, slipping, sliding, etc).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I came from a 4x4 truck. 4wd was either on or off. When off, it was rear wheel drive. Now I have a 2013 D awd with traction control. When driving in slow traffic, it's good. But lets say your making a turn and you start sliding... you feather the throtle to get the front wheels to spin a little and dig in to start turning the truck. Traction controll kicks in because of wheel spin and the truck dies. It literally become a lump until the wheels stop sliping. You can't change direction or speed. Traction controll takes the pridictability away cause it kicks in wether you want it or not. I wish I could totally turn it totally off. The same for ABS. I all this stuff takes the onis away from the driver to have the necesary skills to control the vehicle and makes it easier for bad drivers to get behind the wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts