Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice 2012 citadel awd hemi. Sold it to my daughter about a year go so she had something to haul the grandkids around in. Well last night a pickup hydroplaned and Pitt maneuvered her and spun her into oncoming traffic. Speed limit is 70 on this road. She has a broken ankle and some abrasions and other injuries. The grand kids all got out with only minor scrapes. I totally believe the Durango saved them from further harm. They were hit so hard the engine and transmission went in separate directions and ended up 40 yards away.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting
Plant Wood Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Wood Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,597 Posts
Holy Cow! Best wishes to your family and congratulations for providing them with a vehicle that would protect them.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
715 Posts
Wow gald everyone is ok.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,597 Posts
I'm sure the wet roads, while the cause of the crash to begin with, were the reason the DD didn't roll. It would have slid around with each contact which, while causing more collisions, probably also lessened the impacts as none of the vehicles had much traction.

·
Registered
2021 SXT Plus Granite Crystal with Black-top
63 Posts
Looking at what‘s there and thinking about how you explained it going down…..amazing that there weren’t more serious injuries. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your family.

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
679 Posts
Holy crapola. That's a terrible hit. I am glad to see how well the DD held up. Cars are so much safer than they used to be! I am glad to hear everyone made it out with minor injuries. Scary stuff!

·
Registered
129 Posts
My god that is crazy, so glad your family is okay! And I just watched Stephan of Mod2Fame talking about his brothers incident with his Durango that also saved his life, from a truck tipping over 1ton+ pieces of equipment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OMG. So glad everyone is ok. That is terrifying.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had a nice 2012 citadel awd hemi. Sold it to my daughter about a year go so she had something to haul the grandkids around in. Well last night a pickup hydroplaned and Pitt maneuvered her and spun her into oncoming traffic. Speed limit is 70 on this road. She has a broken ankle and some abrasions and other injuries. The grand kids all got out with only minor scrapes. I totally believe the Durango saved them from further harm. They were hit so hard the engine and transmission went in separate directions and ended up 40 yards away. View attachment 123796 View attachment 123790 View attachment 123791 View attachment 123792 View attachment 123793 View attachment 123794 View attachment 123795 View attachment 123796
View attachment 123793
View attachment 123795
View attachment 123794
View attachment 123791
View attachment 123792
View attachment 123790
Had a nice 2012 citadel awd hemi. Sold it to my daughter about a year go so she had something to haul the grandkids around in. Well last night a pickup hydroplaned and Pitt maneuvered her and spun her into oncoming traffic. Speed limit is 70 on this road. She has a broken ankle and some abrasions and other injuries. The grand kids all got out with only minor scrapes. I totally believe the Durango saved them from further harm. They were hit so hard the engine and transmission went in separate directions and ended up 40 yards away. View attachment 123796 View attachment 123790 View attachment 123791 View attachment 123792 View attachment 123793 View attachment 123794 View attachment 123795 View attachment 123796
View attachment 123793
View attachment 123795
View attachment 123794
View attachment 123791
View attachment 123792
View attachment 123790
Wow, glad to hear that injuries were minor.

·
Registered
2013 Citadel
94 Posts
Wow! So glad everyone could walk away from that horror. Or limp...

Also good to see the DD can take that much trauma. My 2013 is my 2nd and I was NOT happy when I found it was unibody construction. My daughter totaled my previous - - which was a 2nd gen body-on-frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to a motorcycle policeman the other day and he said he has seen many a car crashes here in the Vegas Valley and said he bought his wife a Durango because they, from his perspective hold up the very best in high speed accidents. Here is another example of how well the passengers compartment hold up in these Durango's!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts