Dodge Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets get this rolling. There seems to be an interest on starting a new order. We'll need 15 before we can get Mike to make a new run. The exact Details will follow once I contact him and finish the setup, but the first thing I need is 15 commitments.

I have these on my 5.9 from the last group buy. They're great. I had no install issues on mine. Fit was good and I installed them myself. I only needed to have a local shop weld the collector on for me after it was all installed.

This will be set up as the last one was. I'll supply your name and address to Mike and you'll pay him directly. No money will be made by me and I won't handle any of it. you'll make all of your arrangements for delivery and payments through Mike (or Pam) so it keeps everything on the even. I'll just facilitate it for you all. It worked out fine last time. As soon as we get close to the number, I'll let them know we're close so they can plan and when we get the required 15 orders, we can kick it off. I'll try and get other Forums involved so we can hit the number faster and maybe get even more and work out a price advantage if that's the case. No promises on that.

I'll send off an Email to them now and get prices and other details and post them later when I get it but for now we need to show Mike we have the orders or it doesn't matter.

Start the list below. Add your name and let's get this moving along. check about 6 links down to the last GB so you can all see the questions and answers to pre-empt any questions you might have.

Dwayne Messerschmidt NEDOC-CL

·
Registered
995 Posts
Lets get this rolling. There seems to be an interest on starting a new order. We'll need 15 before we can get Mike to make a new run. The exact Details will follow once I contact him and finish the setup, but the first thing I need is 15 commitments.

I have these on my 5.9 from the last group buy. They're great. I had no install issues on mine. Fit was good and I installed them myself. I only needed to have a local shop weld the collector on for me after it was all installed.

This will be set up as the last one was. I'll supply your name and address to Mike and you'll pay him directly. No money will be made by me and I won't handle any of it. you'll make all of your arrangements for delivery and payments through Mike (or Pam) so it keeps everything on the even. I'll just facilitate it for you all. It worked out fine last time. As soon as we get close to the number, I'll let them know we're close so they can plan and when we get the required 15 orders, we can kick it off. I'll try and get other Forums involved so we can hit the number faster and maybe get even more and work out a price advantage if that's the case. No promises on that.

I'll send off an Email to them now and get prices and other details and post them later when I get it but for now we need to show Mike we have the orders or it doesn't matter.

Start the list below. Add your name and let's get this moving along. check about 6 links down to the last GB so you can all see the questions and answers to pre-empt any questions you might have.

1. Rod Perryman

·
Registered
329 Posts

1. Rod Perryman
2. Andreas de Freitas (Adde)

I also think a lot of people are holding back because there's no price they were gonna check the price on steel and then come back with a price.

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IndyDurango said:
I was in on the first GB and have found the product both before and after install to be superior.

100% recommended.

For extra information and data on the whole thing, here's the link from the first Group Buy vor our new visitors:
http://durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3212

IndyDurango
(I'll cross post on Dak-D.com for this)

EDIT - Cross post done.
Thanks for the cross post, Indy

I sent an email to Mike and waiting for the response. I suppose they'll be more responsive when I have a list of names as well so sign up. Add your login names as well since that's what I'll recognize faster. Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
132 views and no one signed up? :? :wall: :cry:

just so people know these headers include a lot better y-pipe

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm interested. Not sure on timing for everyone else -- how long it'll take to get 15 people, but the little added low-end grunt would be nice for towing. I'm going to have to do a muffler replacement anyway (starting to rot away) soon. I might as well do them both at the same time.

I'll be watching this post to see if we get to the 15 minimum.

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have these on my D and tow a 25' Travel Trailer. No problem with towing.

it has been posted on Dakota-Durango.com as well. it'll be 6 weeks to get them made once we get the min orders.

I did get the return email from Pam so they're aware of our attempt to get this fired up so sign up and lets get this on order. it includes everything you need to install the headers on your D. it has the gaskets as well as the Y pipe and collector. just cut the pipe in front of the cat and install, get the pipe welded shut and drive away after installing the headers, of course.

·
Registered
329 Posts
did she mention an exact price as most people will probably start signing up once the price is exact

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ummm, what about the 4.7 folks with 4x4. :(
Joe

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JoMc67 said:
Ummm, what about the 4.7 folks with 4x4. :(
Joe
I don't believe they fit the 4.7. sorry. I can ask when I speak with them next.

as for price, Pam was going to get back to me. it depends on the price of steel at the time but we paid $525 for ours last year so plan for something around that give or take. this isn't an order, just a serious interest. if we can get enough interest to show we're serious and have enough for an order, we can get a firm price once we get the orders needed or at least close to that. with only 2 interested, it's going to be difficult to show we're serious enough for them to spend much time and effort on it from their end and with the price of steel fluctuating, it's also hard for them to quote something now and us wait 4 months to come through with an order and have the price go up.

once they get the deposits, it'll take 6 weeks to get them processed?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Kinda feared that answer :cry: but thanx for the reply.

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
technec said:
Thanks?
I'd be interested in the whole package for my 5.2 4x2. Thanks
Add your name and let's get this moving along. check about 6 links down to the last GB so you can all see the questions and answers to pre-empt any questions you might have.

1. Rod Perryman
2. Andreas de Freitas (Adde)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Grease is the Word said:
I'm interested. Not sure on timing for everyone else -- how long it'll take to get 15 people, but the little added low-end grunt would be nice for towing. I'm going to have to do a muffler replacement anyway (starting to rot away) soon. I might as well do them both at the same time.

I'll be watching this post to see if we get to the 15 minimum.
so sign up and then were one step closer.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.