Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like it would be a ground strap to the engine, which I assume is a 3.6. What year?

Or could also be a ground strap to heat shield as I think the loomed wire might be for the engine?
Human body Jaw Organism Automotive lighting Font

When removing the engine this is the only strap that I see the FSM says to remove.
Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Auto part

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
Search box? What search box?

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
491 Posts
Search box? What search box?
Actually did a google image search with durango 3.6 ground strap and saw an image that was similar to the OPs which I then noticed was posted on this forum.

I am too lazy to go to the garage and take an image but from the FSM alternator removal instructions it looks like the ground strap is shown but not where it terminates on the block.
Product Font Gesture Slope Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. Looks like it would be a ground strap to the engine, which I assume is a 3.6. What year?

Or could also be a ground strap to heat shield as I think the loomed wire might be for the engine?
View attachment 121630

When removing the engine this is the only strap that I see the FSM says to remove.
View attachment 121631
2018 Dodge Durango Sxt 3.6 liter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Ground is ground. If it's from the engine, find a convenient place on the frame, or metal body of the car and refasten it. If it's from the frame, bolt it to the engine side of the nearest motor mount, or a mounting bolt on any compressor, or alternator-to-block bolt. The latter is the issue in your case.

By the obvious 'shinier' appearance at the end in the pics, that looks like it pulled out of a crimp-on eyelet, which will still be under the original bolt it was attached to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts