Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just got an SRT a few weeks ago and am looking to either remove all the rear badges or replace with black ones. Question - How do the 'dodge' letters on the liftgate remove or do they?
Thanks
Use a pair of needle nose plyers, and carefully grab each "Dodge" letter with them. Just pull straight back, they come pretty easily. You'll also want some goo-gone or something to get rid of any of the residue left over, followed up with maybe some detail spray or whatever you have to make your paint pop in the sun.

If you want to remove any other badge or letter, use a hair dryer to warm them up a little, and then using some fishing line work it behind them. Those too come off pretty easy, and again use some goo-gone or something when they are off.

Check out this website: "Dodge Durango" Trunk Badge Inlays – ReBadge Design and Graphics

They make them with a 3D printer, and are like a rubber material. I pulled my "Dodge" letters off as well, and more recently used that website to fill in the indentations left over from that with their letters in black to match my blacked out theme on my liftgate.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lebby83

·
Registered
10 Posts
Use a pair of needle nose plyers, and carefully grab each "Dodge" letter with them. Just pull straight back, they come pretty easily. You'll also want some goo-gone or something to get rid of any of the residue left over, followed up with maybe some detail spray or whatever you have to make your paint pop in the sun.

If you want to remove any other badge or letter, use a hair dryer to warm them up a little, and then using some fishing line work it behind them. Those too come off pretty easy, and again use some goo-gone or something when they are off.

Check out this website: "Dodge Durango" Trunk Badge Inlays – ReBadge Design and Graphics

They make them with a 3D printer, and are like a rubber material. I pulled my "Dodge" letters off as well, and more recently used that website to fill in the indentations left over from that with their letters in black to match my blacked out theme on my liftgate.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Thanks for this post. I ordered and installed the ReBadge inlays. They worked perfect. Took off all the other trunk badges and installed a black SRT badge. Looks good. Will provide a picture next week.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts