Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which other cars have the same size "SRT" emblem in the grille as the Durango? It annoys me that its chrome when the fender badges for 392 are red so I either want to change it over to the same color red or black it out. There is a wealth of things available after market listed for chargers and challengers but as I am sure you are all aware very little listed for SRT durangos. I figured I'd ask here before actually getting off my lazy ass and finding some Chargers/Challengers to measure their emblems. Plus...... I figured I cant be the first one to have this idea.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't answer your size question but I think the emblem just bolts or clips onto the grille. There are many places where you can buy a similar if not identical-sized bolt on emblems in Red, Chrome, Black, etc.

You can measure yours, and then compare; the one below supposedly measures, according to the posting, 14.5 x 2.5cm / 5.7" x 0.98"

https://www.amazon.com/UpAuto-Nameplate-Challenger-Charger-Cherokee/dp/B07DMZJWC1/ref=pd_cp_263_1?pd_rd_w=Bgt5D&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=VWZ9YTJE8P0HH48Y30RD&pd_rd_r=3e0038a7-8df0-11e9-9ae5-d510c93676f8&pd_rd_wg=DPq08&pd_rd_i=B07DMZJWC1&psc=1&refRID=VWZ9YTJE8P0HH48Y30RD

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are colored overlays if you don’t want to swap the emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got those overlays last week and covered the tailgate ones. I felt like silver blends in too much. Looks good. I’m probably gonna do the front grille the same way.
They are reflective - red and black but light up when light hits them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got those overlays last week and covered the tailgate ones. I felt like silver blends in too much. Looks good. I’m probably gonna do the front grille the same way.
They are reflective - red and black but light up when light hits them.

I did my black SRT with the red "durango" and "SRT" front and back. Looks good and really easy to apply.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thanks to this thread I have $50 worth of the Reflective Concepts vinyl overlays coming for my Durango and Charger.

Thanks for showing me things I didn't know I wanted LOL!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ordered the Red reflective overlays off eBay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks to this thread I have $50 worth of the Reflective Concepts vinyl overlays coming for my Durango and Charger.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Where did you order from? I myself prefer the chrome SRT logo in the front grille as it goes great with the black mesh. However the emblems in the back that are chrome dont go great with my White body color is Id like those to be black. Just my preference though

·
Registered
910 Posts
Reactions: Matty760

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got them straight from the source:
Buy Custom Car Decals | Vehicle Graphics | Auto Vinyl Wrap

Now I have $44 worth of stuff in my cart now lol. Ive decided to go reflective red for my SRT emblems and the silver Durango on the left side of tailgate. Then went gloos black for the Durango on the middle of tailgate. Should give a nice look overall I think and match the 392 on the sides. Anyone know or have any coupon codes for the site?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an extra Black Reflective DURANGO overlay for the tailgate if anyone wants it. They sent me 2 and then I had a custom badge made so no need for it at all now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are my red overlays on black. I got the reflective for the SRT emblem on front and back and regular red for the Durango. It was pretty easy to put on. The T and G are a little tricky. I ordered the dark wraps for the rear lights. I will be putting them on next. Gotta get her cleaned up first.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here are my red overlays on black. I got the reflective for the SRT emblem on front and back and regular red for the Durango. It was pretty easy to put on. The T and G are a little tricky. I ordered the dark wraps for the rear lights. I will be putting them on next. Gotta get her cleaned up first.

View attachment 108296
Not bad... may I ask why not reflective as well for the Durango? I did refelctive for both and was the best choice I made

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just thought if something
Not bad... may I ask why not reflective as well for the Durango? I did refelctive for both and was the best choice I made
Thought if something were to stand out at night, I just wanted the SRT to glow. I do enjoy the red over the silver. Not sure why Dodge doesn't do this already.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My grille SRT emblem is loose; I haven't had a chance to play with it yet....does anyone know if it is tightenable? Does anyone know how it is attached?

TIA

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't answer your size question but I think the emblem just bolts or clips onto the grille. There are many places where you can buy a similar if not identical-sized bolt on emblems in Red, Chrome, Black, etc.

You can measure yours, and then compare; the one below supposedly measures, according to the posting, 14.5 x 2.5cm / 5.7" x 0.98"

https://www.amazon.com/UpAuto-Nameplate-Challenger-Charger-Cherokee/dp/B07DMZJWC1/ref=pd_cp_263_1?pd_rd_w=Bgt5D&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=VWZ9YTJE8P0HH48Y30RD&pd_rd_r=3e0038a7-8df0-11e9-9ae5-d510c93676f8&pd_rd_wg=DPq08&pd_rd_i=B07DMZJWC1&psc=1&refRID=VWZ9YTJE8P0HH48Y30RD
I put color overlays in the front and back, ordered from Amazon. It's been almost a year without issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got an SRT a few weeks ago and am looking to either remove all the rear badges or replace with black ones. Question - How do the 'dodge' letters on the liftgate remove or do they?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts