Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 2 recall letters yesterday.

First one is #P40 and second is R25
Both recalls seem to be airbag inflators.
The R25 says it affects the 2004-2008 Durango and the #P40 says 2004-2009 Durangos.

My vehicle was sold in Fl and I bought it at 3 years old in Ga and it has always been in areas of high humidity.
So I am sure it has been affected and will need repairs.

Has anyone gotten these recalls done yet?
How long do they take to complete?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
It's related to the Takata air bag thing. basically there is a chance that if the airbags deploy they will do so too forcefully which may cause they to throw shrapnel at you. So, uh, don't get in a wreck...

Not done yet. Every notice I've had says they don't have parts. And my dodge dealer basically won't even talk to me till I get a notice that says parts are available. Unlike Honda who made an order for the specific parts for my vehicle, and once they arrived called to set up an appointment. Anyway, I'd expect a couple of hours for both airbags to be replaced, my Honda was right around 3 hours.

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Just got my airbag recall letter. I's due for an inspection for the licensing renewal next month anyway, so as good a time as any to address it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got one for my 05 300c. Seems like a waste cause it says to wait for a second one that says parts are in. Must be a legal thing.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I got my 2 recalls, yesterday, one for my 04 ram and the other is my 05 magnum (both had a nationwide backorder on airbags). So far 3 of my 4 dodge driveway has gotten a recall. My 2012 challenge had the alternator recall done last week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got "Safety Recall S43" letter last week from FCA Canada for the Passenger Airbag Inflator. My 2005 limited has spent virtually all its life in Nova Scotia. No useful information other than telling me that I'll get a follow up when they have the parts available.

I found out about the R25 Recall when I dropped in to my local Dodge dealer a few months after I bought it to inquire about the process for getting a second transponder key (only got one working key with the vehicle) and they punched in the VIN to see if there were any outstanding recalls. They have the parts available for that one. I just need to drop in to have the work done.

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
I keep getting that airbag recall notice. I really have to address that eventually...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took mine in for the recall (it was only the passenger air bag) as well as the warranty on the gas tank overfilling and spilling out upon fueling. They had everything done in a couple of hours. It all depends on how busy the dealer mechanics are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dropped into my local Dodge dealer a couple of weeks ago to let them know that there was no point waiting for parts to do both airbags on my Durango as my wife totaled it when she took out a power pole. Worried looks until I informed them that as she basically slid sideways into the pole, neither of the airbags fired.

Gave them the VIN of my replacement Aspen to do the "owner/address change" in the FCA recall database. It had the driver's bag done by the previous owner, but the passenger bag is still an outstanding recall.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Dtan:
I have had both sides on mine done. After they did the passenger side, when the interior warms up the panel on the far forward top part of the dash will pop up. I am gonna make them aware of it, and hopefully they can reseat it properly and replace and clips they may have broken when doing the repair.

Don

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Real nice. They better make it right, although I know where to place my wager.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts