Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy cow! Did the car protect you as it should? Hopefully you are intact with only minor injuries. It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be totalled except for the high value of the car. You need an entire rear portion of the car up to the front doors. Did they estimate how fast he was going?
The frame is bent, I had to force open my driver side door

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy cow! Did the car protect you as it should? Hopefully you are intact with only minor injuries. It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be totalled except for the high value of the car. You need an entire rear portion of the car up to the front doors. Did they estimate how fast he was going?
No but he got charged with speeding and DUI. I’m guess he was doing close to 60. Luckily we were moving a little

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The headrest restrain system did its job. My wife’s neck and back hurts though. On our way yo the hospital now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry to see that! Hope both you and your wife are ok. I remember several years ago getting a call from my wife on a Friday night about 5:30 pm while I was at work. She was driving our newer Grand Caravan at the time with my son and a friend who were about 10 years old at the time. Some knucklehead from out of town was on the tollway rushing to get to the airport, not paying attention as traffic slowed due to rush hour. He hit her doing about 45 - 50, while she had slowed to about 5 mph, along with everybody else. I remember rushing to the scene as she was being transported via ambulance due to neck/back injuries, and I wound up taking the kids, who were scared but unhurt, home. I went back to the scene, as a friend watched the kids. While the van was barely drivable, insurance was very optimistic about fixing it, until I got under it in our driveway. Like yours, the driver's door was out of whack, and the sliding door was buckled. But, underneath, the rear frame cross member was twisted like a pretzel, along with the frame running on driver's side. I told insurance company no matter how many man-hours, and how much $$ they threw at it, I DID NOT EVER WANT TO DRIVE IT again. the next day they flat bedded it to their estimate shop, and quickly called - NO BUENO! Totaled.

While my wife did retain an attorney, by the time the lawsuit progressed and concluded, she didn't get that much. She still has permanent back damage, and has had handicap plates since. Hoping you have a better outcome.
Man sorry to hear about your wife, I hope our attorneys can do better, especially if she has long-term effects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts