Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Wow the racetrack tailight can handle a rear end collision and still function but god forbid it gets wet, it will break. LOL

FWIW I do not think ti is totaled. I am guessing 20k worth of work and if it is an SRT then insurance will fix it.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
Holy cow! Did the car protect you as it should? Hopefully you are intact with only minor injuries. It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be totalled except for the high value of the car. You need an entire rear portion of the car up to the front doors. Did they estimate how fast he was going?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy cow! Did the car protect you as it should? Hopefully you are intact with only minor injuries. It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be totalled except for the high value of the car. You need an entire rear portion of the car up to the front doors. Did they estimate how fast he was going?
The frame is bent, I had to force open my driver side door

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but he got charged with speeding and DUI. I’m guess he was doing close to 60. Luckily we were moving a little

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The headrest restrain system did its job. My wife’s neck and back hurts though. On our way yo the hospital now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Glad everyone is good. Man, drunk drivers make me mad! So fucking irresponsible!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow the racetrack tailight can handle a rear end collision and still function but god forbid it gets wet, it will break. LOL
this was my exact first thought

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
633 Posts
If your wife has legit injuries, I’d get a referral to a PI attorney. Hope she feel better soon.

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
310 Posts
May as well move up to a Hellcat if you can find a dealer with one! The likely PI settlement should cover it, though that can take up to three years.

Reactions: Thetruck454

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Wow, as sad as it is to see the SRT like that I’m glad to hear both of were able to walk away with minimal injuries.

Reactions: Don Fox
1 - 20 of 47 Posts