Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a 2020, but I'm unsure of which 2nd row seat option to go with. The 3rd row will probably never get used as I'll keep it folded down for the dogs. The kids are out of full car seats and just use boosters. Are there any downsides to going with the console/armrest option?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the rear console and do not regret ordering it - much nicer than standard config., and would be much better for any passengers in those seats on a long trip. Just depends on what you like/want/need.

Reactions: ecoyne

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wish I had it. When I got my DDSRT, it had the factory media system which I don't want/need. The worst part of this is the DVD player in the front console taking up over 50% of the space. Tempted to add the rear console to regain some storage space and/or take out the DVD player. Adding the rear console would add some weight, but that's a minor sacrifice.

What color are you getting? I like my Bruiser Gray, but if was ordering I'd get the Destroyer Gray. Guess I'll get my Hellcat in that if available.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess I'll be different. I ordered mine without it and I'm glad I did. The console looked like it would sit above the 2nd row seats when folded. I've had both rows of seats folded down and the back of my DDSRT full of stuff many times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a little higher than the seats when they are down. The last Durango we had we had the captains chairs second row and when they are folded down you will just have a hole there.
20200208_172349.jpg

·
Registered
749 Posts
It's a little higher than the seats when they are down. The last Durango we had we had the captains chairs second row and when they are folded down you will just have a hole there. View attachment 108961
You're supposed to flip the top forward. That does two things: levels the cargo area and protects the leather covering.

As for the original topic, I ordered it. Prefer the look of the console much more than an empty space between the seats.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I guess I'll be different. I ordered mine without it and I'm glad I did. The console looked like it would sit above the 2nd row seats when folded. I've had both rows of seats folded down and the back of my DDSRT full of stuff many times.
The top of the console is designed to flip forward so that it doesn't protrude above the seats.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You should see if you can order th 3rd row delete. The SRT you can get the lightweight package which deletes the 3rd row and gives you cargo storage boxes which I think would be the best thing to do instead of having a 3rd row and never use it. When I order my new one later this year I plan on asking for the 3rd row delete.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Our previous DD didn't have a console, just the "empty" space between the seats, so it had 2 cup holders and a piece of plastic resembling something made to step on. With 2 dogs, two kids and hauling stuff, that "empty" space looked like crap after 4 years. It was by far more weathered looking than the rest of the interior with cuts, scrapes and gouges all over the place on that piece between the seats. FYI, it dosen't matter how many times you tell kids to put the seat down/up and then go to the 3rd row, they'll just do it the easy way and walk between the seats instead, and don't get me started with my 2 50 LBS dogs LOL!

On our current DD I specifically looked for one that didn't have that configuration, and we ended up with a bench seat for the lack of captain's chairs with the center console option at the time I was looking. I do like it for the dogs, more because they can't get over the 2nd row from the 3rd as easily, keeping them from bothering everyone while we are driving.

Obviously the DSRT doesn't have a bench seat option, but I do highly encourage anyone looking at getting one to get the center console if you have kids and especially dogs.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: CaptMoe

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate all of the feedback, especially concerning kids/dogs. I had considered the lightweight package, but would still like the option to haul 6 people if necessary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2018 SRT console flips forward as well. Definitely order the console. Back seat passengers will appreciate it for the power ports and cup holders.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had them put the console option on the list. Just waiting for the final total before telling them to submit. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered the lightweight package, aka 3rd row seat delete (the 2nd row, 3 passenger bench seat is required). Ok, so no console!

Well, I have never even opened the third row seat in my 95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, and I’m sure I won’t need to stuff any people in the third row of my 2020 DD-SRT.

... but of course everyone has their own specific wants, cargo hauling requirements, children’s seating needs, space utilization and comfort expectations.

I may regret the second row bench choice because the captain’s chairs do look obviously more comfortable for passengers on any longer trips, but my most important requirement is that I have the flattest and broadest load floor when all seats and compartment doors are closed.

I also checked ... and found that the front passenger’s side bucket seat (1st row) tumbles forward too, so it appears as if I could place a 12 foot long canoe inside, stretching from the closed tail door all the way up to the dashboard. My 95 Buick RM long roof doesn’t even do that neat little trick.

I very much like having the option of swapping out that bulky, heavy (and for me useless) 3rd row seat, that will never be opened up, in exchange for the considerable extra stowage made available under the butterfly floor-mounted doors!

I was convinced this option was for me after I saw a couple YouTube videos of Police vehicle outfitters utilizing those compartments for securing ‘out-of-sight’ quite a lot of bulky electronics equipment required for law enforcement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Just learned something new. Had no idea the top of the console flipped forward.

Wonder what else I don't know LOL!

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,087 Posts
Wonder what else I don't know LOL!
It doesn't have any recent posts, but we have a thread for that...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts