Dodge Durango Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've noticed this, too. I've been shopping for weather-proof floormats and haven't seen anyone offer a mat for the 3rd row. I figure the thinner, more flexible mat would be easier to trim down for the 3rd row if needed. You say it "will be a family hauler", definitely go check out one at a dealer and get a good feel for what the third row floor looks like so you can shop around better. Good luck!

On another note, the 3rd row for me will not be in use and is going to be constantly folded for cargo room. I found this online and thought it'd be a good idea for the back seat and to put under a cargo tray mat for added protection:
2013-2014 DODGE DURANGO Canvasback Cargo Liner (Black) [2nd row Captains seating][Covers back of 2nd and 3rd row seats and cargo area] : Amazon.com : Automotive

Hey all. 2015 durango For me, I have the captain chairs in second row. When I ordered it from weather tech i had to make sure to get the three row with captain chair option. All 3 rows fit perfectly. I have noticed on the site they don't have anything that fits custom for cargo in the rear but they do make 3 row that fits great for captain chair 2nd row with storage center.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My dealer delivered me an Aries cargo cover (behind 2nd row). It looks to be identical to the Kagu 3D Maxpider others have recommended. It is definitely a better fit than the Weathertech cargo mat I returned (which was a couple of inches too narrow), but it does fight with the 3rd row seatbelts. Odd that they don't make a simple cutaway for the belts. That said, it's better than the Weathertech (which I do have for my floor mats on all 3 rows).

·
Registered
140 Posts
However, the material is pretty hard and very slippery.
So I reported earlier on my initial reactions to the Weathertech mats (first and second rows). I stand by the positives. The big negative was that they were extremely slippery. One month in I can report that this issue has improved. With a little bit of wear, they are much less slippery than they were for the first week or two. I would not call them grippy by any stretch but they are no longer dangerously slick either. Fit is good and they seem like they will be durable.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think the mold release is the issue. Nothing a good scrubbing before hand wouldn't fix.

Sent from the internet using Borg technology.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dealer delivered me an Aries cargo cover (behind 2nd row). It looks to be identical to the Kagu 3D Maxpider others have recommended. It is definitely a better fit than the Weathertech cargo mat I returned (which was a couple of inches too narrow), but it does fight with the 3rd row seatbelts. Odd that they don't make a simple cutaway for the belts. That said, it's better than the Weathertech (which I do have for my floor mats on all 3 rows).
I've unhooked my seatbelts. Just need to find a better way to stow them instead of leaving them to hang.

Hmmm...guess I'll be opening another thread :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm bringing this back to life for a minute, to ask about the 3D Maxpider rear mat. I was curious about the density of the mat for a specific reason: My audio build is leading to me pulling the rear cargo lid and most importantly, the spring-loaded flaps that hide the space behind the 3rd row seats when they are folded down. There's a hole there, and the flaps cover it up. Rather than engineer some sort of new flaps and top cover (level with the factory floor), I was curious if this Maxpider mat has enough stability/density in the design to not cave in, if that area was to be open.

I've run 3D mats before, in my Focus ST. They are the "classic" type, the non-rubber ones. I like them but they are very light-weight, and semi-stiff. In the case of my special need here on the Durango, I really need something to be quite stiff (except where it is supposed to fold), so I wasn't sure if this is the right product or not. I also thought about just buying two different types of mats and swapping between them...one for 3rd row up, one for 3rd row down.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
FWIW, I have Weathertech in my 2011 and husky weather beater in my 2014, and the fitment of the Husky mats are better

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bought WeatherTech's for my Durango, all three mats. Wasn't real impressed, but I knew they would do the job.
When I wanted a set of mats for my new 2016 Dodge Challenger, I decided on Husky, if only to try them and see personally if there is any difference.
I can say I like the Husky's better. Better fit around the sides and the dead peddle. They have grips on the bottom so they don't slide or move.
The mat lock hooks are covered with the husky's, so they really won't allow fluids to get out, unlike the WeatherTech's where the hooks protrude though a hole in the mats.
Finally, the Husky's are cheaper, especially if you wait for a sale, which WeatherTech never has.
The only down side, the Husky's feel less stiff, or perhaps not as rigid.

I'll buy Husky's again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is that a second row with CAPT chairs and no center console? The weatherbeaters fit good for that set up?
Hey sorry for the late response but yes capt chairs no center console. The fit is spot on man. I picked up the cargo liner awhile back and love it. I just picked up the third row which I plan on installing soon.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I bought WeatherTech's for my Durango, all three mats. Wasn't real impressed, but I knew they would do the job.
When I wanted a set of mats for my new 2016 Dodge Challenger, I decided on Husky, if only to try them and see personally if there is any difference.
I can say I like the Husky's better. Better fit around the sides and the dead peddle. They have grips on the bottom so they don't slide or move.
The mat lock hooks are covered with the husky's, so they really won't allow fluids to get out, unlike the WeatherTech's where the hooks protrude though a hole in the mats.
Finally, the Husky's are cheaper, especially if you wait for a sale, which WeatherTech never has.
The only down side, the Husky's feel less stiff, or perhaps not as rigid.

I'll buy Husky's again.

^^^^^ EXACTLY the same feeling/comments comparing my Huskys vs WeatherTechs

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey sorry for the late response but yes capt chairs no center console. The fit is spot on man. I picked up the cargo liner awhile back and love it. I just picked up the third row which I plan on installing soon.
Do you have the 3rd row part number? I have the captains as well but haven't found a 3rd row mat that fits under the captains yet.

I went with the Husky WeatherBeaters over the newer X act and am very happy with how they fit and feel. Super easy to install and trim the 2nd row if you have captains and console. Only complaints are that the 2nd row mat doesn't seem to fit as snug down to the floor around the center hump as I would like and on the 2nd row passenger side you can see the light spots where the spikes are (if you are OCD this might bother you but it's not a big deal to me).
KIMG0043.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have the 3rd row part number? I have the captains as well but haven't found a 3rd row mat that fits under the captains yet.

I went with the Husky WeatherBeaters over the newer X act and am very happy with how they fit and feel. Super easy to install and trim the 2nd row if you have captains and console. Only complaints are that the 2nd row mat doesn't seem to fit as snug down to the floor around the center hump as I would like and on the 2nd row passenger side you can see the light spots where the spikes are (if you are OCD this might bother you but it's not a big deal to me).
View attachment 40842
Part # 19051. It's for bench seats as they don't make one for the captains chairs. Other guys on here have bought it and made some small cutting modification to make it fit. That's what I plan on doing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought my dad Weathertechs for his Ram for Father's day one year and while they are nice and have a nice texture, there was about a 1/8" gap between the rear mat and front bench seat; also his front passenger area doesn't have floor hooks so the liner will slide around. For those reasons, and the slightly cheaper price, I went with Huskyliners for my Ram and they do indeed fit better. They also have the nibs on the bottom so while my '13 Ram has floor hooks and dad's '09 doesn't, they can't slide around, and where the Weathertechs have holes to accommodate the floor hooks, the Huskies have indentations so there is no hole in the mat.

Needless to say, when we got the Durango I got Huskyliners for it because of my previous experience with them, and since they now have the Xact contours which came out shortly after I got Weatherbeaters for my Ram, I got those as they are nicer than the WBs and I feel are more appropriate for the Durango. They only make the Xacts for the front 2 rows though so for the 3rd row I got a Weatherbeater, and same for the cargo area. They only make the cargo liner to fit with the 3rd row down, but that's how we usually have it configured so no big deal. We did find ourselves transporting 6 people the other night (happens when you volunteer to DD) and just folded the cargo liner where the 3rd row folds up, NBD. Also, the cargo liner does not have nibs on the bottom. I think my favorite thing about the liner for the 3rd row is that it covers the area under the 2nd row seats so when they are tumbled forward for people to climb in the back it protects the area where they are walking.

I am not sure that the Xacts will hold up as well as the Weatherbeaters since they are more rubbery and less plasticky compared to the WBs, but since it is my wife's vehicle and they will see far less boot heels than the ones in my truck I am sure they will be fine. Regardless, I do know Husky is good for their warranty; there was a guy on one of the Ram boards who bought weatherbeaters back in the mid-90's and after almost 20 years of daily driving with a boot heel he finally wore a hole into the driver's one. They replaced it no questions asked. Both they and Weathertech are US made (like our Durangos :thumbsup:) and are good products. The Mopar mats remind me of the slush mats that came in my Ram when I bought it, and no offense to anyone, but they leave a lot of carpet uncovered so it would still get covered in crap; IMHO what is even the point? Huskies cover all the way to the doorsill.

Pics (I can't figure out how to rotate them on this site:confused:):

3rd row:

2nd row:

Front passenger:

Driver:

Cargo area:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Thinking I get the 3D Maxpider Kagu Cargo Line for my 2014 Limited. I have captains chairs with the full console. I don't see a matching Maxpider configuration. Does anyone know if the bench configuration will fit?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 GT Plus AWD
3 Posts
This thread has been sitting dormant for a bit, was wondering if anybody had purchased the Weather Tech HP's (High Performance) mats? Appears to have fixed the issue of having the hole in the front mats for the hooks, so hopefully that means no leakage. Anybody able to provide any input on them? I previously had Weather Techs in my Nissan Altima I just traded in after 3.5 years. As somebody posted earlier, the carpets still look brand new under them when I traded it in for my DD.

And I see the Kagu 3D Cargo Liner is still available, but from what I've seen from other posts from a few years back, it doesn't appear like it lays flat. Looks more like a thick cloth mat than a sturdier Weather Tech or other named brand mat. I had looked at a Toyota Highlander before buying my DD and from factory had the cargo liner that continued up the back of the 3rd row seats and attached to them so if you had the seats up, it'd not fall off. Wish the DD would have the same from factory as this is something folks on here have been asking for years now without much else coming available.

Thanks for everybody's input!

Beach

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm loving the Husky X-Act Contour mats I put in my Durango. Great coverage and obviously very easy to clean.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts