Dodge Durango Forum banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
So after reading this thread (which is great). What's the major difference between the husky weatherbeaters and x-act? Are the x-act softer and have the overlap on the front seats?

Also it looks like Husky doesn't make a third row liner for captain chairs. Has anyone bought the third row for the bench and did some modifications to make it fit for captain chairs?

·
Registered
556 Posts
the husky weatherbeater look different (better IMHO) than the x-act. the weatherbeater doesnt overlap part of the door sill in the front like the x-act does.

if you wanted the most protection, use x-act. if you want the best looks, use weatherbeater. The weather-tech is also nice but has holes in the front to mate with the floor hooks. This isnt ideal as it will leak, which is why i chose husky.

no one seems to make a decent foldable cargo liner that would work with 3rd row up or down. so far. im just using a painters blanket in the cargo area for now. 3D does make 1 but it doesnt have lips to catch spills and is pretty expensive for what it is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah I'm not overly concerned yet about the cargo liner but I am curious what liner will work for the third row for captain chairs.

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
So after reading this thread (which is great). What's the major difference between the husky weatherbeaters and x-act? Are the x-act softer and have the overlap on the front seats?

Also it looks like Husky doesn't make a third row liner for captain chairs. Has anyone bought the third row for the bench and did some modifications to make it fit for captain chairs?
I did the mod for the captains chairs. Not overly difficult

·
Registered
556 Posts
just got my husky weatherbeaters they fit excellent in front 2 rows but curl up at ends in 3rd row (i have bench 2nd row). I will need to curl them down using a hairdryer.

one other thing - if you are considering the billet dead pedal, the husky mat will cover it up so no point. i ordered 1 then cancelled when i saw how big the husky front mat is. no need for billet dead pedal (but i did order the e brake, brake, and gas pedal covers). it will look great, will show pics with it all installed hopefully tomorrow

edit after 3500 miles these work perfectly. 3rd row corners may have been rounded up in the box but are close to flat now. these really save the day, will hold lots of spills from the kids. I already had black carpeting in it so probably wouldnt have noticed, but i do love them. They clean up with soapy sponge and towel too. i would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
husky liners are nice looking, installed them yesterday. Now i'm not worried about kids dropping milk bottles on the floor. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put my new liners in and love them! I got the Husky X-Act Contours for the front and second row captains and they fit, look and feel great. I also got the weatherbeater for the third row and did not like it at all and returned it. It was too hard and plasticky (sp?). I'll just wait for them to make an X-Act for the third row. Those seats spend most of their time folded down anyway. I also got the 3D Maxpider cargo mat and am happy with it. I like having the ability to fold it up for both scenarios of third-row (folded up or down).

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm happy with my Husky Weatherbeaters, I didn't bother with the third row since it'll rarely be used. Yes they are hard but they fit great, kinda seems like that's the point of them, they don't need to be plush, it's not like the interior is that plush anyways.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Agree the Husky X-Act Contours are comfy on the feet..I like them better than the factory mats!
I have the weatherbeater cargo tray...it does the job, but I wish Dodge made one like they did with the 1st gen. That one was perfect fit, perfect color match and better quality!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my husk weatherbeaters today. The fit my 2015 durango R/T like a glove. i dont have the center back console, just the step pad between the captains chairs so i had to cut out a insert which was beyond easy. Here are a few pics. 2016-01-05_020612128_4E1B0_iOS.jpg 2016-01-05_020644097_7E15E_iOS.jpg 2016-01-05_020654900_0A95E_iOS.jpg 2016-01-05_020729809_DBAC3_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got my husk weatherbeaters today. The fit my 2015 durango R/T like a glove. i dont have the center back console, just the step pad between the captains chairs so i had to cut out a insert which was beyond easy. Here are a few pics. View attachment 26780 View attachment 26781 View attachment 26782 View attachment 26783
Are the Weather beaters a hard plastic similar to Weathertech? Do you find that they're slippery? I'm really debating between weather beaters and the X contours.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Trying to figure out which all weather mats to get. Hard to make heads or tails of the comments as people seem to be happy or disappointed with each of the options. Weathertech clearly seems to be the most expensive and people are generally happy although there seem to be too many complaints to justify the expense. People generally seem happy with Husky but there may be confusion here. Husky is selling X-act Contours now. They are slightly more expensive than the Weatherbeaters that they don't seem to sell anymore. Maybe the Contours are an improvement over previous Huskys? I'm tempted by the OEM mats but they don't cover the hump in the 2nd row.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just got the Weathertech liners and will learn more once I've had them for a while but here's my initial reactions. Fit is very good. Pretty much edge to edge in the front and 2nd row. The plastic feels very durable. However, the material is pretty hard and very slippery. It's borderline dangerous. In that respect, I would say that they are way overpriced. I chose them over the Husky Weatherbeaters because I figured the material would be better but I can't see it being much worse. The Husky Contour is supposed to be a softer material but I don't know how it compares. Still, like I said, the Weathertech fit is perfect and they could be very durable.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just got the Weathertech liners and will learn more once I've had them for a while but here's my initial reactions. Fit is very good. Pretty much edge to edge in the front and 2nd row. The plastic feels very durable. However, the material is pretty hard and very slippery. It's borderline dangerous. In that respect, I would say that they are way overpriced. I chose them over the Husky Weatherbeaters because I figured the material would be better but I can't see it being much worse. The Husky Contour is supposed to be a softer material but I don't know how it compares. Still, like I said, the Weathertech fit is perfect and they could be very durable.
We've had a set in our Enclave for 6 years with NO issues, the slipperiness seems to get better with time. Just DO NOT put a dressing on them! ;)

Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
We've had a set in our Enclave for 6 years with NO issues, the slipperiness seems to get better with time. Just DO NOT put a dressing on them! ;)

Chris
I hope they get less slippery as they get scuffed up. From my rowing days we used to drag a sawblade sideways across new oar handles to score them for a better grip. Maybe I'll do that but I doubt my wife will be happy with the aesthetics. Maybe I'll just try to preserve them and sell them on eBay soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Installed the Husky weatherbeaters today and they are very nice. Fit was spot on and not slippery at all. Now I just need to get the third row and trunk liner. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

201 - 220 of 240 Posts