Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Morning folks,

I received my Weathertech Cargo Liner yesterday for my '14 Durango. I also ordered all three rows of floor mats and they are due here today. That said, I left work well after dark last night and stopped at a local car wash to pull the Cargo Liner out of the box and see how it looks/fit in the back of the Durango. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. The mat actually needs to be about 5 inches wider as it does not cover from wheel well to wheel well in the back. At the very back edge of the liner, the back of the vehicle has a curve to the sill and the liner is straight. Those defects I could actually live with. What I do not think I can live with is that there is not a RIGID lip to the liner on all 4 sides. Where the third row seat belts come up, there is a cut “V” in the side of the liner. This would let spilled liquid (ie. Gallon of milk) leak though the edges. Also the side lips are not rigid enough and they simply relax and lay down. With the third row seats folded, the front of the liner is elevated above the rear by about two inches, and so liquid spilled at front will run to the back. It appears that the back of the Cargo Liner does not have a true lip, it simply lays flat, so anything spilled will run all the way to the back and onto the door sill and carpet. This is simply not acceptable.

So disappointed in fact, that I have not received the Weathertech floor mats yet and I just ordered a full mat set with cargo liner from Husky Liners. I have a full set of Husky liners in a 2009 Dodge Nitro and the edges of all mats and cargo liner have a full 2 inch rigid lip around them and I have never had an instance of them not keeping mud, snow, or spilled coffee, broken/leaking milk jug from grocery store, etc. from damaging my carpets. It was too dark last night to take photos to send you of the mis-fit and poor liner lips, but I will attempt to do that this afternoon and add to this post. I have heard good things about Wheathertech floor mats and like the thickness I saw in someone elses mats, but the descriptions on Weathertech's website are not sufficient to tell all features. The two floor hooks that keep the carpet mats in front in place on the Durango appear to be “cut out” in the Weathertech mats and I cannot tell from photos or description if this is the case, but they look cut out on the website photos. The Husky liners have a bump in the mat to cover the hooks, but the mat is not “cut out” to accommodate the hook and so no leak worries.

At a minimum, I believe I will return Cargo Liner to Weathertech. One of the full sets will also be returned. I will further evaluate once I receive the Weathertech floor mats today. Then I will box them up and wait a couple more days and install the Husky Liners when they arrive. I promose to continue this post with photos of the mats installed. I am pretty sure the Husky Cargo Liner will be preferable. I have ordered tan as I have the light frost tan interior and I prefer to lighten the interior of the vehicle with the mats. I am not a fan of the black carpet. With the light frost tan interior (see my photos in Sandstone Pearl Coat thread) the headlier and door panels are also tan which substantially brightens interior over the black headliner with other interiors.

·
Super Moderator
12,838 Posts
keep us posted..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will chime in...I just picked up a new Durango SXT and traded in my '11 Grand Cherokee. I took my weather tech liners and cargo mat out of the Jeep and threw them into my Durango and they fit perfectly.
The rear cargo mat as you can expect is a bit shorter but width wise, fits nicely. The weather techs do have holes to accept the factory floor hooks but I didn't have any issues in my GC with water or debris
getting through onto my floor. I like them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My husband got a full set of Husky liners for his Dart. They look durable and he said the texture of the Weathertech ones allows for the trapping of so much debris that it's difficult to get them looking new again. I'll probably go with Husky as well.

EDIT: Quick question, will floor mats meant for other years of Dodge Durangos fit a 2014? And if so, what years?

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
My husband got a full set of Husky liners for his Dart. They look durable and he said the texture of the Weathertech ones allows for the trapping of so much debris that it's difficult to get them looking new again. I'll probably go with Husky as well.

EDIT: Quick question, will floor mats meant for other years of Dodge Durangos fit a 2014? And if so, what years?
I would say that any Gen 3 set would fit all Gen 3 Durangos. 2011-2014.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Let me spin this one in a slightly different direction. I've got the 14 R/T on order with 2nd row Captain's and the floor console. I've learned that neither Husky or Weather make a third row mat for this config., only for the 2nd row bench... so I will need to trim to fit around the mini console and cut out the area for the left side chair latch. Those who have experience with both, will one trim more reasonably than the other? This will be a family hauler for me with the 3rd row in use 100% of the time so protecting that carpet is an immediate must!

Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
Let me spin this one in a slightly different direction. I've got the 14 R/T on order with 2nd row Captain's and the floor console. I've learned that neither Husky or Weather make a third row mat for this config., only for the 2nd row bench... so I will need to trim to fit around the mini console and cut out the area for the left side chair latch. Those who have experience with both, will one trim more reasonably than the other? This will be a family hauler for me with the 3rd row in use 100% of the time so protecting that carpet is an immediate must!

Mike
I've noticed this, too. I've been shopping for weather-proof floormats and haven't seen anyone offer a mat for the 3rd row. I figure the thinner, more flexible mat would be easier to trim down for the 3rd row if needed. You say it "will be a family hauler", definitely go check out one at a dealer and get a good feel for what the third row floor looks like so you can shop around better. Good luck!

On another note, the 3rd row for me will not be in use and is going to be constantly folded for cargo room. I found this online and thought it'd be a good idea for the back seat and to put under a cargo tray mat for added protection:
2013-2014 DODGE DURANGO Canvasback Cargo Liner (Black) [2nd row Captains seating][Covers back of 2nd and 3rd row seats and cargo area] : Amazon.com : Automotive

Reactions: misterlv

·
Registered
71 Posts
Shocked that MOPAR doesn't make factory all-weather mats that I can find. While Ford's mats aren't great for snow, they are amazing for dirt and mud and are made of a very heavy-duty rubber. With my previous Explorer, I used the OEM all-weather mats for the first two rows and Husky for the third row and cargo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody have experience with the Lund Catch-It carpet floor liners for the 3rd gen durango? I would prefer carpet over the "rubber" floor liners.
Thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts

Mike
Interested in this also Mike. If I buy the bench 3rd row can I trim to fit?

- Danny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning folks,

I received my Weathertech Cargo Liner yesterday for my '14 Durango. I also ordered all three rows of floor mats and they are due here today. That said, I left work well after dark last night and stopped at a local car wash to pull the Cargo Liner out of the box and see how it looks/fit in the back of the Durango. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. The mat actually needs to be about 5 inches wider as it does not cover from wheel well to wheel well in the back. At the very back edge of the liner, the back of the vehicle has a curve to the sill and the liner is straight. Those defects I could actually live with. What I do not think I can live with is that there is not a RIGID lip to the liner on all 4 sides. Where the third row seat belts come up, there is a cut “V” in the side of the liner. This would let spilled liquid (ie. Gallon of milk) leak though the edges. Also the side lips are not rigid enough and they simply relax and lay down. With the third row seats folded, the front of the liner is elevated above the rear by about two inches, and so liquid spilled at front will run to the back. It appears that the back of the Cargo Liner does not have a true lip, it simply lays flat, so anything spilled will run all the way to the back and onto the door sill and carpet. This is simply not acceptable.

So disappointed in fact, that I have not received the Weathertech floor mats yet and I just ordered a full mat set with cargo liner from Husky Liners. I have a full set of Husky liners in a 2009 Dodge Nitro and the edges of all mats and cargo liner have a full 2 inch rigid lip around them and I have never had an instance of them not keeping mud, snow, or spilled coffee, broken/leaking milk jug from grocery store, etc. from damaging my carpets. It was too dark last night to take photos to send you of the mis-fit and poor liner lips, but I will attempt to do that this afternoon and add to this post. I have heard good things about Wheathertech floor mats and like the thickness I saw in someone elses mats, but the descriptions on Weathertech's website are not sufficient to tell all features. The two floor hooks that keep the carpet mats in front in place on the Durango appear to be “cut out” in the Weathertech mats and I cannot tell from photos or description if this is the case, but they look cut out on the website photos. The Husky liners have a bump in the mat to cover the hooks, but the mat is not “cut out” to accommodate the hook and so no leak worries.

At a minimum, I believe I will return Cargo Liner to Weathertech. One of the full sets will also be returned. I will further evaluate once I receive the Weathertech floor mats today. Then I will box them up and wait a couple more days and install the Husky Liners when they arrive. I promose to continue this post with photos of the mats installed. I am pretty sure the Husky Cargo Liner will be preferable. I have ordered tan as I have the light frost tan interior and I prefer to lighten the interior of the vehicle with the mats. I am not a fan of the black carpet. With the light frost tan interior (see my photos in Sandstone Pearl Coat thread) the headlier and door panels are also tan which substantially brightens interior over the black headliner with other interiors.

Hi flyfishinelkhunter,

Have you made a decision to keep the Husky or Weathertech floor mats? I am very curious to your thoughts, and which direction you went.

Also on a side note to a earlier post, searching the Mopar site I did see they had Slush Mats listed in the 2014 Durango section.
2014 Dodge Durango - Interior Accessories | Mopar
Has anyone had experience with Mopar slush mats in the past?

-Chris

·
Registered
849 Posts
I read good things about the Mopar slush mats on another forum. I plan to pick a set up today and try them out. Local dealer says they have a set. Will report back.

- Danny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
The Mopar Mats match the Pattern in the Grill! Just saying
STEVE

·
Registered
849 Posts
And the rear deck lid protector.

- Danny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ok. Picked up the Mopar front and 2nd row slush mats today from my local dealer. I overpaid compared to what I would have paid on the internet ($85) but hey, I'm supporting my local economy. I must say...I left the tags on at first just to be sure and very quickly after the test fit decided...I'm keeping these. My wife also agrees. The material is great quality and the fit is very good. Now, I will say the front fit better than the 2nd row, but the 2nd row still fit great. Love the Durango logo and the fact that the honeycomb design matches the front grill, rear deck lid protector plate and the inside rear door sill protectors...and I save myself over $100 vs. Husky or WeatherTech.

Slush Mats - 82213747 | Mopar

Here are some photo's - happy to answer any Q's.

20131129_164338_resized.jpg

20131129_164403_resized.jpg

20131129_164443_resized.jpg

20131129_170028_resized.jpg

20131129_170032_resized.jpg

20131129_170330_resized.jpg

20131129_171440_resized.jpg

I am also expecting the (behind 3rd row) Mopar cargo mat to arrive today or Monday. Cargo Area Tray, Molded - 82212280 | Mopar

- Danny

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice I might be getting me a set of those. Did you find any that would fit the 3rd row?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nice I might be getting me a set of those. Did you find any that would fit the 3rd row?
Not yet. There is one I know of out there that will fit the 3rd row with bucket option installed. The Mopar one is designed for the bench (60/40). The guy in parts yesterday even called Chrysler to ask if an option existed and he was told no.

Here is the one I know fits the 3rd row captain option: http://www.jcwhitney.com/frameset/?pl=rt&make=Dodge&model=Durango&year=2013

IMG_00000363.jpg

I think I am going to head to the hardware store, buy some black rubber matting and try to customer make one for the 3rd row. I believe I can do a good job. This will be a future project.

- Danny

Reactions: misterlv

·
Registered
445 Posts
I like the fact that Weathertechs cover the hump on the 2nd row. Also, can anyone tell me if the front mats from Weathertech cover all the way to the door sill plate? I am not fond of having the strip of carpet exposed.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I like the fact that Weathertechs cover the hump on the 2nd row. Also, can anyone tell me if the front mats from Weathertech cover all the way to the door sill plate? I am not fond of having the strip of carpet exposed.
No.

image-1774769238.jpg

- Danny

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Danny. What do you think of them? The Durango slush mats do look good, for $100 savings over Weathertech I am tempted to go that way! They look like they may be a little deeper as well.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts