Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 14RT has a full size spare, same width and diameter as the 20” but with a taller profile since it’s on a 18” steel wheel. It’s a regular tire, not temp use only. You’re supposed to fit the disabled wheel in there so a matching 20” wheel as a spare should work. My question is for people who went with bigger tires. I switched to 275/55R20 and it’s a bit taller. What do you guys use as a spare and is there enough clearance? Having AWD I’m not sure about using the factory spare if I get a flat
How are those 275\55's? I'm looking at new tires and wanting something a little wider and taller on the factory rims.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love them. Definitely looks like a truck now with the taller sidewall and wider profile. It’s probably the biggest that’ll fit stock wheels w/o rubbing. Downside is the noise and slightly sluggish response in acceleration and braking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was able to stuff a "full size" spare by modifying the white plastic holder. I needed a 295/45R20 non directional tire on a 20 x 10 Monkey Spider rim so it too would clear the Brembo calipers.
What did you do to the holder? Looking to do same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I removed the 5 pegs on the white plastic holder that went through the steel wheel because they interfered with the 20" aluminum wheel.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts