Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi shelbymopar89,
We're sorry to hear that you have these concerns. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know via PM. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance while in service.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Rob,
Thank you very much for the offer. We visited the dealership yesterday and they checked the vehicle for code, none were found. They looked over the wiring for the relay, replaced the relay and checked the wiring all the way back to the fuel pumps. They were very thoughtful and genuinely concerned about the issue. Advised us to immediately bring it back in should it occur again. Thumbs up for the dealer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Rob,
Thank you very much for the offer. We visited the dealership yesterday and they checked the vehicle for code, none were found. They looked over the wiring for the relay, replaced the relay and checked the wiring all the way back to the fuel pumps. They were very thoughtful and genuinely concerned about the issue. Advised us to immediately bring it back in should it occur again. Thumbs up for the dealer.
That is great to hear! If you do visit your dealer in the future, please feel free to reach out to us via PM to add an additional layer of support with that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
The recall is an updated part from any temporary fix you may have gotten in the past. If you'd like any help with setting up an appointment, feel free to let us know.
You can also use any Dodge dealer since you weren't happy with your last visit.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
I had the recall done on Jan 18th. had many issues with the vehicle shutting off when coming to a stop. a month ago I had it die at a stop light. couldn't get it going again. had to get a boost. thought it was the battery. so replaced that. 2 weeks later died again and sat on the side of the road for 1 hour in -25 degree Celsius waiting for a boost. turns out when the engine is hot doesn't want to start again but if you wait 10 min it starts fine.

after the recall I pulled out of the dealership and hit the gas to get up to 80 km/h. check engine started to flash. constantly getting P0305 (cylinder 5 misfire) call jeep and they said $130 for diag. if it was from the recall I wouldn't have to pay, but if not then i would. they also tried getting me to get a brake flush, power steering flush and fuel treatment the day of the recall. I declined. I don't want to bring it back to them because I know they will blame something other than the recall. and i never had that problem before.

I have checked all 16 plugs and re-gapped them, checked all 8 coils, changed the camshaft sensor, pcv valve with no luck on change. I will be doing a compression test tomorrow. if none of that works I will be hooking up the factory (fuse box) relay just to see if I still have that problem. if it turns out it is the relay I am going to be pissed.

I will keep you posted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just checking in to see if anyone has the Mopar part number for the original external relay installed during the 1st recall work. Or the new relay they are installing for this latest recall. I'm still on the waiting list, have had 2 shut downs in the last 2 weeks and would like to at least replace the external relay with a new one, but I don't have the correct part number.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Just checking in to see if anyone has the Mopar part number for the original external relay installed during the 1st recall work. Or the new relay they are installing for this latest recall. I'm still on the waiting list, have had 2 shut downs in the last 2 weeks and would like to at least replace the external relay with a new one, but I don't have the correct part number.

Thanks!
this is a basic relay you can buy anywhere. this IS NOT a Mopar part and DOES NOT have to come from the dealer.

you can buy this relay anywhere on the internet.

below is a picture of a spare relay I have and also a link I found with a Google search.

I owned a 2011 Durango from 2014 to December 2021. I had the recall done early on, probably 2015-2016. I have replaced this relay at least 3 times since the recall was done. these relays will just fail. its probably related to the current draw and is also probably why the integrated relay in the TIPM failed so easily.

buy 2 of these at a time and put the extra on your shelf. these are crazy easy to change out. never, ever wait on the dealer to get these for you.

Communication Device Wood Gadget Lighter Gas

Reactions: Tom13DurangoRT

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
here's a link to the same part on Amazon.

the stock on these exact relays seems pretty low. but that does not surprise me. every time I went to order one over the years the stock was low. that's why I decided to always have an extra on the shelf.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts