Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the first external harness installed, have an appointment with the dealership on Saturday for the second recall I assume. My issue is it decides to not do anything when I press the start button, or try the remote start. I can hear some buzzing and clicking but no cranking. After 2 hours of cooling down it’ll start no problems. Today when it happened (3rd time this month, just bought it), I swapped out the relay like I’ve seen suggested and it still didn’t start so I swapped the old one back in. Waited the requisite 2 hours and started up. This only happened so far in the afternoon, after a 45 minute to 1 hour period of not driving. Is my issue even the fuel pump relay recall BS or is it something else?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
598 Posts
The relay is for the fuel pump and not for anything else so your problem is somewhere else since nothing happens when you try to start it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The relay is for the fuel pump and not for anything else so your problem is somewhere else since nothing happens when you try to start it.
Thank you. I’m saw a post about another bulletin for a WIN? module, maybe that’s it and I’ll try the pull m27 fuse next time it happens. It’s not listed on the mopar page for my car (2011 citadel) though. Thanks though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't see another thread on here yet for the newest fuel pump relay recall, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone through the process yet and if the dealer only changed the relay to a new one of the same type/model as previously installed (that is, if you had an external relay previously installed).

I got my recall notice a few weeks ago but haven't contacted my local dealer yet...…..mostly because I can't stand what they did to me the last time I was there.

Wondering if they got any smarter in this years-long process or not. Your replies are welcome and appreciated in advance.
I've gotten 2 notices plus a separate reminder to take my 2013 Durango for the Fuel Pump Relay Recall so I called the local dealer. They referred me to Parts where I was told they are only getting 1every week so they put me on the list but added don't expect it until November. So I called another dealer and they said don't expect it until next year maybe the summer of 2022. What's going on here? They urge us to get it fixed then they stop it in its tracks? They said if the current one fails, you can't start it. Any thoughts? I tried to call the NHTSA to complain but didn't get anywhere on their phone routing system.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've gotten 2 notices plus a separate reminder to take my 2013 Durango for the Fuel Pump Relay Recall so I called the local dealer. They referred me to Parts where I was told they are only getting 1every week so they put me on the list but added don't expect it until November. So I called another dealer and they said don't expect it until next year maybe the summer of 2022. What's going on here? They urge us to get it fixed then they stop it in its tracks? They said if the current one fails, you can't start it. Any thoughts? I tried to call the NHTSA to complain but didn't get anywhere on their phone routing system.
If you had first external relay recall done... Easy fix. Replace relay... I keep extras in my vehicle... Never have had an issue. though.
You can get these...I did.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Like manbat said, get a few of them on your own. $25 and you'll get rid of all of your headaches while trying to rely on the Dealer network or parts shop at the dealer. You and me and the next guy can order a case of these things and get them next week, but Dodge can only order 1 a week. Right.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi TeePee,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

41 - 47 of 47 Posts