Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update to my post above, #10...I lifted the hood to take a look at the TIPM and quickly noticed the recall fix was already installed. The Durango was purchased used in 2016 so somewhere in its history that recall fix was done. Knowing this failure can occur with any relay, I'll put together a backup and be sure it's with the car at all times.

(I also mentioned the right rear tire TPMS did not seem to be working properly. I inflated the tires (cold) to 36psi and that cleared the low pressure warning indicator. All tires are now reading correct pressure.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, just went thru my second recall for the fuel pump relay on my 2012, first was the original from 2015, will be the third actual. Failure seldom occurred, a few times a year, always the same scenario, engine stalled after initial startup, would just sit and crank with first push of start/stop button, one push on stop button to stop the cranking, wait a few seconds and press start button with foot on the brakes and vehicle always starts and runs fine from then for a few weeks or a few months at a time. Obviously not hard to put up with, just 3 more years before looking for something new. I have a local trustworthy dealer out of the 3 within driving distance, absolutely essential.

·
Registered
2011 Citadel 5.7L 139K Miles
2 Posts
Has anyone seen a P0344 generated with this problem? Recall parts On backorder for m my 11 citadel 5.7, and a fuse jumper didn't stop the issues.

·
Registered
2013 Durango Crew-Hemi-Leather Seats-Bought New-Garage Kept, Dealer Maintained
86 Posts
Has anyone seen a P0344 generated with this problem? Recall parts On backorder for m my 11 citadel 5.7, and a fuse jumper didn't stop the issues.
This code occurs when an incoming signal from the camshaft position sensor (or sensors) is missing at one point or another when it should not be. This indicates an intermittent electrical circuit fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up, had my V62 replaced 7Jan2021 with the new replacement part by dodge...to this day the issue is still not fixed. Car is still not turning over and takes a few times to start. You wonder if they did any further testing besides install the “fix”. Lost confidence in this brand.
Did you ever get this problem solved. Having the same issue after the last recall this spring. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you ever get this problem solved. Having the same issue after the last recall this spring. Thanks.
I am still waiting been on the list since January. Was told will likely not be fixed until 2022. I think its time someone starts a class action against Chrysler having to buy these vehicles back that cant get fixed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am still waiting been on the list since January. Was told will likely not be fixed until 2022. I think its time someone starts a class action against Chrysler having to buy these vehicles back that cant get fixed.
Hi 70 Gran Coupe and JeepinRob,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am in Canada so I am out of your area of responsibility. Wish Customer Care here was as proactive as you are. Thanks.
Yes, we're unable to assist customers outside of the United States. We sincerely apologize that we're not able to assist further with your inquiry. We recommend reaching out to the customer care in your region by email or by phone. You can find the contact information at the following link: FCA Country Finder - Find Dodge Vehicles In Your Country

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't see another thread on here yet for the newest fuel pump relay recall, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone through the process yet and if the dealer only changed the relay to a new one of the same type/model as previously installed (that is, if you had an external relay previously installed).

I got my recall notice a few weeks ago but haven't contacted my local dealer yet...…..mostly because I can't stand what they did to me the last time I was there.

Wondering if they got any smarter in this years-long process or not. Your replies are welcome and appreciated in advance.
We just had our recall on the relay replaced. It's been about a month and no issues so far.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
We just had our recall on the relay replaced. It's been about a month and no issues so far.
Same here, although I replaced the relay myself rather than waiting on my dealer to "wait" for the backordered part that only costs $20 shipped to my door. Been about 2 months now and no issues. My guess is these things last about 6 months to a year with the under hood heat and then crap out. I have 2 spares on hand for when it happens.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been on this waiting list for 2.5 years and Everything I get a notice saying parts are in or a flyer in the mail saying to book your recall fix the dealers say haha I haven't seen that part in years and you have like 200+ ahead of you like really I been waiting and I keep getting told you have the part I'm so over dodge and this bs I love my truck but think it's time to trade it in sick of the run around when it comes to parts for this I have kids and safety is my first priority

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,049 Posts
I do have 2 of the Omron relays available that I purchased for my 2013 Citadel just in case. New never used. Same as the Dealer Recall. Not needed with my current vehicles. Send me a message and I'm sure we can work out a deal where we'll both be happy. Think I paid about $15 each to give you a reference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've been on this waiting list for 2.5 years and Everything I get a notice saying parts are in or a flyer in the mail saying to book your recall fix the dealers say haha I haven't seen that part in years and you have like 200+ ahead of you like really I been waiting and I keep getting told you have the part I'm so over dodge and this bs I love my truck but think it's time to trade it in sick of the run around when it comes to parts for this I have kids and safety is my first priority
Hi Crystal,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
276 Posts
What exactly is done with newest recall. I have the external relay after last recall, I carry spare relays... Have had zero problems before or after recall repair.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had the fix taken care of a couple of times over the past several years. It's a pain to deal with the non-starting issues and the wait from the dealer. What's the PN of the relay? I'd like to get a couple on hand so I can take care of it myself next time.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
What exactly is done with newest recall. I have the external relay after last recall, I carry spare relays... Have had zero problems before or after recall repair.

To my knowledge, they'll replace the relay end of the external fix that was installed by the dealer previously. IF your DD hasn't received the external repair by the dealer, they'll install the whole thing most likely. It's the relay (end cap) that continually fails probably due to the hot/cold cycling of being under the hood and a bad design that hasn't ever been changed for the better.

I have three (3) extras on hand for when the next time arrives that my DDRT won't start. Takes all of 2 minutes to swap out. Take it to the dealer and they'll have it for a whole day and do the same thing.

Here is what I bought. Got them from verticalvisions.com (no affiliation with them whatsoever). You can source them from a thousand different places though.

1623262354318.png

Reactions: manbat

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes... Those are the relays I bought also... Mine were sourced from a Mercury Marine dealer. I changed where the recall had located the external relay to a more protected and less exposed place.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts