Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
With that recall, if I had fuel pump failure due to TIPM issues and had to replace both fuel pumps, would I be reimbursed by Chrysler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,671 Posts
I don't think I've heard of the TIPM failure causing a fuel-pump failure, but YMMV

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the first recall "repair" done. Jumper with an external relay. I have replaced the relay they used and keep spares in the car and garage. I guess I will have to see what this one is about.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
My jumper (fuse) melted and caused the fuel pumps to go bad, I had to buy new ones and pay labor...that was a year or so ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,671 Posts
Usually it'd be the opposite.. bad fuel pump draws too much current and melts things..

·
Registered
19 Posts
You’re most likely correct, but my Durango was stuck in “trying to start” mode. That probably caused the pumps to suck in a lot of gunk and what not from the tank and caused the stuff I mentioned before. Here’s a link for your enjoyment

·
Registered
69 Posts
What does this recall do exactly? Replace the relays?

I've already been doing this since the first TIPM bypass. I find the relays start to go bad and you need to swap in a new $7 relay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You’re most likely correct, but my Durango was stuck in “trying to start” mode. That probably caused the pumps to suck in a lot of gunk and what not from the tank and caused the stuff I mentioned before. Here’s a link for your enjoyment

The problem here is no power to the fuel pumps to turn on - the starter spins but no fuel gets delivered, so nothing fires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts