1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
With that recall, if I had fuel pump failure due to TIPM issues and had to replace both fuel pumps, would I be reimbursed by Chrysler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
I don't think I've heard of the TIPM failure causing a fuel-pump failure, but YMMV

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the first recall "repair" done. Jumper with an external relay. I have replaced the relay they used and keep spares in the car and garage. I guess I will have to see what this one is about.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
My jumper (fuse) melted and caused the fuel pumps to go bad, I had to buy new ones and pay labor...that was a year or so ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
Usually it'd be the opposite.. bad fuel pump draws too much current and melts things..

·
Registered
72 Posts
You’re most likely correct, but my Durango was stuck in “trying to start” mode. That probably caused the pumps to suck in a lot of gunk and what not from the tank and caused the stuff I mentioned before. Here’s a link for your enjoyment

·
Registered
69 Posts
What does this recall do exactly? Replace the relays?

I've already been doing this since the first TIPM bypass. I find the relays start to go bad and you need to swap in a new $7 relay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You’re most likely correct, but my Durango was stuck in “trying to start” mode. That probably caused the pumps to suck in a lot of gunk and what not from the tank and caused the stuff I mentioned before. Here’s a link for your enjoyment

The problem here is no power to the fuel pumps to turn on - the starter spins but no fuel gets delivered, so nothing fires.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know this is bringing old news back up but did this problem get fixed with the new new recall?
Hi Matt,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts