Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
The JDM Astars are bright as heck and blink normal speed, but the indicator inside hyper flashes and gives bulb out warnings. Looks like I'm going to have to add resisters.... I guess that's the difference with mine since it's the SXT+, it illuminates the bulb with the parking lights as well as an indicator.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought these and they worked after I installed them. I tested by putting on the four ways. It didn't last long as the error code for both came on when I ran out later. Bummed as I know these have worked for others. I'm going to try the JDMs next.

LUYED 2 X 900 Lumens Super Bright 3014 78-EX Chipsets 3056 3156 3057 3157 LED Bulbs Used for for Turn Signal,Amber https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E57ZSN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_z09HzbZ7CRT8Q

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought these and they worked after I installed them. I tested by putting on the four ways. It didn't last long as the error code for both came on when I ran out later. Bummed as I know these have worked for others. I'm going to try the JDMs next.

LUYED 2 X 900 Lumens Super Bright 3014 78-EX Chipsets 3056 3156 3057 3157 LED Bulbs Used for for Turn Signal,Amber https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E57ZSN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_z09HzbZ7CRT8Q
Installed the JDMs and no issue so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 for the JDM. I tried a few different bulbs first. I also found that the JDM bulb I guess has electronics (diodes at minimum) that make them so the polarity is irrelevant. My vehicle only uses the bulb for turn, as it has LED DRLs. I appreciate the extra bright output for when I'm using light show from the tazer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,019 Posts

Going on 7+ months and these are working great for me still, probably just jinxed it though lol.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Just to add a bit to this thread.
I had a front R bulb out indicator.
Almost bought Sylvania LED replacements but just went with standard Sylvania bulbs just to make sure they were same intensity and would not trip the bulb out indicator.
On drivers side, the airbox just pulls up. There are 3 studs and rubber grommet on the airbox holds it on, so simply pull it up.
I found getting the airbox scoop back in to be a bit too tight with the airbox in, though I was able to remove the scoop pretty easily without removing the box.

Also, like others, I could see where the bulb contact point had gotten hot enough to melt the plastic at that point and makes me wonder if the same would happen with the LED's. I think they would end up failing due to bad contact after 2-3 yrs as well.
I tested the bulbs and actually they were not bad, its just the burnt spot on the bulb preventing good contact.
I probably could have just cleaned them, but replacement pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just had the FL signal go out, and saw the scorched contact. I installed the JDM ASTARS and they work great on my ‘14 Citadel. No error, no hyper flash.

One thing I noticed, was that the stock bulbs were dual element. I can’t remember any time when the corner lights were dim and on. The LED’s only come on with hazards/turn signals.

Are the amber corner lights supposed to be on, dimly, with the headlights or any other time?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the forum as I just picked up a 2017 Durango RT (halogen projectors with LED daytime running light). I wanted to change out the front turn signal bulbs with LED. It seems that the JDM ASTAR work for most here without any hyperflash or error codes. The links in the thread seem to be dead, so I am wondering if the bulbs below are the correct ones?

JDM ASTAR 2600 Lumens Extremely Bright PX Chips 3056 3156 3057 3157 4057 4157 LED Bulbs with Projector, Amber Yellow
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Lumens-Extremely-Projector/dp/B07CGDNJRT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2II0CRGKDXPFZ&keywords=3157+jdm+astar&qid=1549652886&s=Automotive&sprefix=3157+jdm+as,automotive,211&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

Thanks for any help and guidance that you all can provide!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the forum as I just picked up a 2017 Durango RT (halogen projectors with LED daytime running light). I wanted to change out the front turn signal bulbs with LED. It seems that the JDM ASTAR work for most here without any hyperflash or error codes. The links in the thread seem to be dead, so I am wondering if the bulbs below are the correct ones?

JDM ASTAR 2600 Lumens Extremely Bright PX Chips 3056 3156 3057 3157 4057 4157 LED Bulbs with Projector, Amber Yellow
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Lumens-Extremely-Projector/dp/B07CGDNJRT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2II0CRGKDXPFZ&keywords=3157+jdm+astar&qid=1549652886&s=Automotive&sprefix=3157+jdm+as,automotive,211&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

Thanks for any help and guidance that you all can provide!!
Those are it man...you'll like the results!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going to change my set up as well but decided to go with Headlightrevolution and get the GTR Lightning2.0 series. A little more expensive but I feel like I can trust it more. There is a lot of good information and videos from that website, learned a lot from the youtube vids.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to change my set up as well but decided to go with Headlightrevolution and get the GTR Lightning2.0 series. A little more expensive but I feel like I can trust it more. There is a lot of good information and videos from that website, learned a lot from the youtube vids.
I just bought these as well. I installed them and they worked fine, but after a minute or so they both went out and would not come back on. I tried to shut off the car and turn it back on and it still did not work, also when I put the stock ones back on they still did not come back. Did you have any of these issues?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have 2 1/2 yrs on standard halogen Sylvania replacement bulbs so far without issue.
I think the factory bulbs must be a low quality bulb from China. I bought low cost China bulbs years back and had the same issue. Carbon/burns on the connectors, but bulb still good.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts