Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd toss this up for anybody else that lives in a state requiring front license plates.

There's a bracket called the Sto N Sho is the only one I've found that doesn't require drilling, it uses the OEM air dam bolts. It's defining "feature" is that there's a spring loaded pin mechanism that lets most of the bracket release for when you want to 'stow it away' when you 'show your car'. Get it? How clever.

Didn't really care about that aspect, but I didn't see anything else like this even without the stow-ability. If you do order them, be careful, there's different model numbers for the DDHC as well as with or without adaptive CC because the brackets are different. The plate still slightly covers up part of the ACC "sensor box", haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Gas Hood
Hood Wood Aviation Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use a mount called the "Sly Bracket". It can't be removed like the Sto N Show, but the adjustability and quality in the mount is top notch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I installed one on my wife's '22 Gladiator and it's fantastic. No drill holes in the steel bumper!

I have one for my 392 SRT in the garage, I'm going to install it when the plates come in from the state.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of which? The "Sly Bracket" or the "Sto N Sho"? Or a different one?

454 didn't attach any pics, but I looked up the Sly Bracket and it looks like it goes inside the grill rather than attaching underneath. I'm not sure exactly how it's held in, either.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One of which? The "Sly Bracket" or the "Sto N Sho"? Or a different one?

454 didn't attach any pics, but I looked up the Sly Bracket and it looks like it goes inside the grill rather than attaching underneath. I'm not sure exactly how it's held in, either.
I sent that at work and meant to get pictures when I got home, but forgot about it. Here is a picture of the side of mine, excuse the bit of rust, it's seen 3 New England winters. The mount has a backing plate that you sandwich the grill in-between. You then can pick the correct cylindrical extension piece you need to get the plate out far enough. Then you mount an aluminum rectangle to attach the plate to. That piece has up/down and left/right adjustability. I have an older version, but the new ones come with hinge where the aluminum square/plate mount attaches to the extensions called the "leveler" so you can make the plate perpendicular.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
288 Posts
Just thought I'd toss this up for anybody else that lives in a state requiring front license plates.

There's a bracket called the Sto N Sho is the only one I've found that doesn't require drilling, it uses the OEM air dam bolts. It's defining "feature" is that there's a spring loaded pin mechanism that lets most of the bracket release for when you want to 'stow it away' when you 'show your car'. Get it? How clever.

Didn't really care about that aspect, but I didn't see anything else like this even without the stow-ability. If you do order them, be careful, there's different model numbers for the DDHC as well as with or without adaptive CC because the brackets are different. The plate still slightly covers up part of the ACC "sensor box", haven't had a chance to test it yet.

View attachment 119277 View attachment 119278
I installed mine more to the driver's side so it doesn't affect the ACC dome...Although honestly I have been leaving it off and keeping it in the back. If I ever get pulled over I am just going to blame it on the kids leaving it off after washing the truck for me....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have my sto and sho in the trunk with the plate for my wife’s Dodge Challenger in the chance I get pulled over. Living by the Illinois border they really ignore that it’s gone because so much of our traffic doesn’t have one.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Yep, the Sto N Sho works great. Took some pictures today and was able to easily remove and reinstall in a few seconds. Best of all, no drilling!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed mine more to the driver's side so it doesn't affect the ACC dome...
The bracket (at least for the ACC DDHC) isn't long enough to stretch to put it all the way on the left. The spacing between the farthest left bolt and the next isn't the same as the spacing the rest of the way across the front. So it has to be more towards the middle as shown in the pics.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
The bracket (at least for the ACC DDHC) isn't long enough to stretch to put it all the way on the left. The spacing between the farthest left bolt and the next isn't the same as the spacing the rest of the way across the front. So it has to be more towards the middle as shown in the pics.
I have been considering drilling another hole so it can mount closer toward the outside of the vehicle. It would fit just fine, clear the splitter, and look better. But at least it does technically work fine where it's at.
Wheel Cloud Tire Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought the Sto N Sho and it's fantastic. It doesn't block the front sensor on my 2019 DDSRT. I generally keep it off but put it on when I really don't want to have an extra excuse to be pulled over.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
288 Posts
I ended up drilling 2 new holes in the bracket, and then making another slot in the mounting slide post to extend the plate a bit farther out to clear the HC splitter......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been considering drilling another hole so it can mount closer toward the outside of the vehicle. It would fit just fine, clear the splitter, and look better. But at least it does technically work fine where it's at.
View attachment 119339
As long as we park next to each other, we're symmetrical!

On the plus side, I did get a chance to test the ACC after mounting the bracket and plate and it works just fine. So the little bit of the sensor box that is covered up hasn't impacted it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts