Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my new, leftover 2015 Durango R/T, and have been looking at exhaust systems. Not really interested in doing a full catback (its a lease, so the whole $1000+ price point isn't worth it to me). Was looking at the Gibson Axleback, but didn't love the sound. I am now torn between the 2 Blastin' Bob's kits that have glasspacks. They both sound great, and while I would like a little louder, I dont want too loud. So for those that have them, how is the drone? Cabin noise a problem at all? Looking for a nice growl, but nothing crazy loud.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the straight pipe ones with no resonator, cold start is loud, warm idle isn't that loud, cruising it's not loud since the 8 speed keeps the RPMs so low, I don't notice any drone either. Put the pedal down and it roars. I'm sure whichever one you choose will be completely fine for daily driving since you want the small resonators. Once you look under the bumper you'll see how far the stock resonators stick up, they're really huge. Since you have a lease, keep in mind you have to cut the factory catback to install it, you can put the factory resonators back on but I don't know how anal they'd be about returning it with 2 welds on on the pipe.

Reactions: BLKMAGIC

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the straight pipe ones with no resonator, cold start is loud, warm idle isn't that loud, cruising it's not loud since the 8 speed keeps the RPMs so low, I don't notice any drone either. Put the pedal down and it roars. I'm sure whichever one you choose will be completely fine for daily driving since you want the small resonators. Once you look under the bumper you'll see how far the stock resonators stick up, they're really huge. Since you have a lease, keep in mind you have to cut the factory catback to install it, you can put the factory resonators back on but I don't know how anal they'd be about returning it with 2 welds on on the pipe.
Thanks man, that kind of makes me feel more comfortable about going with the louder glasspacks knowing you still dont have much drone.

As far as the cutting the exhaust on the lease, they dont really worry too much about the modifications as long as they aren't too major. I have modified just about all of my leases and haven't had any issues, so I'm not that worried about it.

Reactions: SouthBayRay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man, that kind of makes me feel more comfortable about going with the louder glasspacks knowing you still dont have much drone.

As far as the cutting the exhaust on the lease, they dont really worry too much about the modifications as long as they aren't too major. I have modified just about all of my leases and haven't had any issues, so I'm not that worried about it.
I too am leasing our Durango and I really want to put Blastin' Bobs on it as well. So, since you've done this before with a lease, will you keep the resonators in case the dealer wants them back on?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I am holding on to them for now, but more so I can sell the Blastin' Bobs when I'm done and recoup some of the money. Its easy enough to put the OEM sections back on.

Reactions: SouthBayRay

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea, I am holding on to them for now, but more so I can sell the Blastin' Bobs when I'm done and recoup some of the money. Its easy enough to put the OEM sections back on.

I love my Blastin' Bobs. I have the resonator delete kit and its perfect. loudish idle on cold start and no drone at all. On WOT it sounds like a Hellcat. Its awesome. On of the best upgrades ive done. I love my Durango.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts