Dodge Durango Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
I'm sure you get much less than that from an exhaust only. Headers and an intake would give better results with a free exhaust.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quick question on aftermarket catback exhausts for R/T - has anyone dyno’d before/after to see RHP gains? I’m considering adding the Borla to my ‘20 DD R/T. I’m sure I’ll like the sound but was wondering about actual HP gains. I‘m thinking no more than 20-25hp.
By itself not likely. Free up the intake, then get a new tune with the exhaust, then sure. Headers will get you some more.

Reactions: Hemix3

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think this is a serious option, wish I could hear more or from the outside but this is simple, just replace mid muffler with carven r's and leave rear resonators alone... what do you think?
is this any of you by chance or do any of you have this setup?
Hey Heat, sorry been away for a bit. That is my Durango with the Carvens. 90% of the time I love it, just the idle chuffing sound after driving it for a while is kinda meh. Not sure if that is my setup or just how the truck sounds regardless. Glad to hear you like the Borlas!

·
Registered
‘20 Dodge Durango R/T, 21 Chrysler 300S R/T, ‘09 Dodge Challenger SRT8
7 Posts
By itself not likely. Free up the intake, then get a new tune with the exhaust, then sure. Headers will get you some more.
Thanks for tip. I get that. Just installed an AFE Momentum CAI, (Cai‘s seem limited with srt performance hood) and I am looking for a bit more noise and HP. Will ultimately tune it.
Have a garaged ‘09 SRT Chally that I had on-site tuned by HemiFeverTuning. Was like a different vehicle when I drove away. (They are <45 minutes from my home in NC)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Heat, sorry been away for a bit. That is my Durango with the Carvens. 90% of the time I love it, just the idle chuffing sound after driving it for a while is kinda meh. Not sure if that is my setup or just how the truck sounds regardless. Glad to hear you like the Borlas!
How is the cabin drone around 2000 rpm on the highway? Specifically in the 2nd row seats?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have you changed your setup any? I’m going to do the same exact same thing, but I’m going to put in an X pipe before running into the Carvens.
Nope, sure haven't. I would be really curious how yours ends up sounding with the x-pipe vs straight piped, especially in regards to any odd sounds after it has been driven for a while and then listening at idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, sure haven't. I would be really curious how yours ends up sounding with the x-pipe vs straight piped, especially in regards to any odd sounds after it has been driven for a while and then listening at idle.
I had a similar setup on a previous Durango. With no X pipe it sounded like a sick helicopter. The X pipe really smoothed it out, keeping the tone and volume.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts