Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have not done it yet, but I found only one video on you tube and it sounds great.

Also may go this route since all I would have to add is the blastin bobs with magnaflow glasspack as seen in this video. This sounds great as well. (Mid muffler delete, x pipe, blastin bobs res delete with magnaflow glasspack)

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think this is a serious option, wish I could hear more or from the outside but this is simple, just replace mid muffler with carven r's and leave rear resonators alone... what do you think?
is this any of you by chance or do any of you have this setup?

Reactions: Bionic Chewbacca

·
Registered
118 Posts
That does sound good with the Carvin mufflers.
I think this is a serious option, wish I could hear more or from the outside but this is simple, just replace mid muffler with carven r's and leave rear resonators alone... what do you think?
is this any of you by chance or do any of you have this setup?

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
427 Posts
The mid muffler on the R/T at least has two pipes straight through the "suitcase" with small perforated holes in them. That was the first question I asked on this forum was If anybody had removed the mid muffler and could see what was really going on in there.

I'm really happy with how it sounds with Blastin Bob's 2.5 in glasspacks. It's a daily driver so I deffinatly didnt want it too loud.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dup

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wish my dd would get here already so I can start play around with exhaust options. As of today I think I’m leaning towards the cheaper route of carven r in the mid section, and maybe vibrants to replace the resonators in the back. This set up should be about 500$ total figure 100 each carven and 75 each vibrant plus labor maybe 150 plus a few bucks for some tips....but that Mopar oem sounds so good, and it’s guaranteed to sound good as it comes on the tow n go I believe, but it’s like 1700$ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anybody try Kooks exhaust system yet? looks real nice.........price well its a bit more than just slapping a new muffler on the stock 2.25" exhaust pipe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hooker Blackheart has a complete SS system for $1,000 shipped as an option. Have not heard it on a Durango RT, but there are videos on a JGC 5.7L and sounds really good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would so love to get some additional exhaust sound without pissing the wife off, as it is technically her car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would so love to get some additional exhaust sound without pissing the wife off, as it is technically her car.
My wife is not a gear head, but loves the sound of the Force II on our R/T. It was supposed to be my car, but Covid changed our vehicle dynamics so for the time being it's "her" car. Lot's of compliments on the sound, some think its just how it came from the factory.

·
Registered
101 Posts
so, has anyone here done that? If I were to just replace the rear's with super 40's or 44's, what would that sound like? so leaving the mid muffler and adding these to the rear should add a little volume, a deep tone, and no drone? If so, they could be a good option.
I've always loved the super40/44, but its going to be a while before I get to doing exhaust on my DDRT, two other car projects and another I need to part and sell plus a shop to complete have any rango work on hold. Although my plan is for a 2.75 or 3" system, H pipe where the suitcase is currently and drop the 40/44 at the rear......probably going to toss is a set of 6.4 or kooks headers, so it'll be a big project not just slapping in some 40/44's on the 2.25" piping.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So I recently won an auction of a brand new Flowmaster series 70 dual in/out, (gotta love amazon return auctions, won it for $40), going to be putting in a H pipe and locating the muffler just behind where the suitcase is (where the pipes are narrow together) and rebuilding the rear section with 2.5" piping and new tips......I'll post a vid when its done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I myself just went to Amazon an bought dynomax mini race bullets p/n 24250 $80ish an 16” long boom tubes $40ish for the pair that are 4” tip an had a shop install them on the rear where the rear resonators are for $135 and they sound awwwwesssooooommme lmao quiet when you cruise an loud when you by a mustang an other cars or trucks with exhaust work. The set up was 2 1/2-3” reducer to bullets then boom tubes was 3 1/2”-4 exit. The boom tubes will sleeve right to the bullet an welded. Everything was welded an on the driver side I reused the flange. I wanted to add flanges to both sides so I can unbolt an reboot the stocks incase I wanna sell the truck but didn’t get a chance.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I can say after a few months living with the borla cat back, it's about perfect. it's pretty loud outside (cold starts, acceleration, and WOT), but inside it's fairly quiet.

It's nothing like my scat with vibrants in the mid section, the scat is loud even in the cabin most of the time (which I love btw), but outside the DD with the borla isn't too far off from that sound.

I might be giving my son the scat for a while so I'll be back in the DD... although I don't like SUV's or trucks at all, I can tolerate the DD especially with the borla and the stripes : )

·
Registered
‘20 Dodge Durango R/T, 21 Chrysler 300S R/T, ‘09 Dodge Challenger SRT8
7 Posts
Quick question on aftermarket catback exhausts for R/T - has anyone dyno’d before/after to see RHP gains? I’m considering adding the Borla to my ‘20 DD R/T. I’m sure I’ll like the sound but was wondering about actual HP gains. I‘m thinking no more than 20-25hp.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts