Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go again, me fixing my dodge and making video
This fuel door was bugging me for a year, and finally gave in, got stuck and wont open anymore.
I could not find one video on youtube on how to fix it, so I made my own, hope this can help all of you, because this door is ongoing issue-design flaw with dodge and Jeeps.
Funny thing, when I was under warranty I had no time to schedule app and get it done, it broke 2 months after my warranty is out, LOL
ENJOY:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Thank you for putting the video together!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got that right, that black part of of the assembly is one pain in the neck.
It was meant to be removed by what ever means necessary, trow away and new assembly put in place by the dealer.
So to get that thing off and put back takes some work, but as you can see can be done.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Hope I don't have to do that repair!
I too have used your bumper removal video for hitch install and I use your cabin air filter video for guidance too.
I will say that you make it look easier than I find it to be especially the cabin air filter R&R!.
That was a pain and no way I could remove the factory filter or replace it with the upper tray in place so not sure how you could get a filter in and out with it in place.
Also I thought I was going to crack the glovebox pushing it in to clear the side tabs....what a STUPID design!!!

On my 300 its an easy access at the cowl under the hood. Not sure I'm going to be swapping that out too often in the D going forward.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chase 300, sorry for your bad experience with glovebox, but it won't brake, every time you take car for service they remove it to check for cabin filter condition, if it did not brake yet it will last :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had someone posted on my youtube video that by removing tire and loosen up filler neck helps to remove housing.
Let me know if it helps, so I can maybe redo the video or edit it some how.
Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
I appreciate your videos, but I need to buy you a set of trim tools. That screwdriver on the body made me ringe. LOL

Great work as always!

Chris

·
Registered
2014 Citadel
81 Posts
Chase 300, sorry for your bad experience with glovebox, but it won't brake, every time you take car for service they remove it to check for cabin filter condition, if it did not brake yet it will last :)
The dealer broke mine. ... Unfortunately I didn't know which dealer because I travel often and had been to dealers in four different States for mileage interval service when I noticed it was broken. ... At first I had found a small square plastic felt lined peg on the floor and couldn't figure out what it was for. A year or so later the glove box fell out onto the floorboard when I opened it one day. ... Closer inspection I could see where the square peg I'd previously found had come from and the one on the opposite side was still connected but only barely. It could fold/flap backward with almost no effort but was not quite broken off. (Broken enough to not hold the weight of the glove box anymore though, even when empty.) ... The dealer wanted around $300 for a new glove box. ... I sanded what remained of the square pegs off, drilled holes where they'd been, then glued a nylon nut to the outside and threaded a nylon flat head screw through from the inside. ... Now when I need to change the filter I just back the screws out a few turns and it comes right out. No squeezing necessary. ... I'd taken pictures and written down the screw & nut sizes to post in a thread here but then wasn't tech savvy enough to shrink the photos small enough to upload into a post so I bagged that idea. :-D

While we're on the topic though... I never figured out where that damper cord was supposed to attach at the vehicle end. I attached the loop to the side of the glove box where it belongs, but I couldn't figure out where the other end was supposed to be connected. (That's the end it broke from when the glove box fell on the floor.) ... Can you tell me?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good new guys.
Someone posted to my video that there is STAR case with dodge for this issue, so if you don't want to repair yourself, contact your local dodge dealer and give them # S1708000003

Let me know if it works so I can post reply on my youtube channel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.