Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an automobile...what a motor.

Didnt expect to love it as much as we have. Do miss the exhaust note of the 392 and the continentals I had just put on. The new wheels are growing on me but initially I felt a bit tempted as I had just put continentals on the 392 to see if they would allow a wheel swap.

Interestingly, it did come with a spare. Thing is loaded with tow package (hence spare), interior package, rear screens, sunroof (uck, cant avoid them though), technology group.

I really used to thing tech group was a gimmick. Lane keep assist is badass. I love it. Glad it was present on my purchase.

The dealer in Grapevine was incredible. Great Service. Avondale VIP package complementary so we will see if there are any discounts worth anything.

So far I have had 5% tint all around w/ 50% on windshield.
Installed zl1addon mud flaps
Installed Luxe taillight, 3rd brake light, and side reflector tint
Exchanged the exhaust tips for Carven

The engine is incredible and the awd complements it so nicely. I really wish they would create a platform perhaps for 300c including awd and the hellcat engine.

Uconnect is about as frustrating as it was on the previous model. I do like that I have many more physical buttons as opposed to depending on uconnect touch screen for climate etc...

The drone is worse than the 392 even compared to after I did a rear resonator delete. Will be looking into this.

I feel it doesnt look as sinister as the previous face/grille. going to see what can be done about that...

Overall however, I adore the drivetrain. Small changes otherwise that are for better and worse.

Here is my trade:

2018 Dodge Durango SRT For Sale in Grapevine, TX - 1C4SDJGJXJC242649 - TrueCar

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice.... (y)

One Item I disagree on... Personally I do think the new face/grille is better than the old....

Yeah I imagine it will grow on me but it just appears a bit more feminine with the headlight which is obviously very subjective and I have no idea what it might mean in regards to my psyche lol.

The front end pic is of the 2018

Do miss the demonic red leather for sure. This is objective.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this one MRSP for 97k
I paid 101k
it had 452 miles on it at time of purchase.

IDK they are a big time Mercedes dealer and I definitely paid more than I should have but I wanted a DDHC that had only made it to first base.

probably because they made enough on the HC.... ;)

..and because they might have missed the peak of used car pricing post pandemic...
Yeah that is true they probably did make enough off of it

·
Registered
191 Posts
this one MRSP for 97k
I paid 101k
it had 452 miles on it at time of purchase.

IDK they are a big time Mercedes dealer and I definitely paid more than I should have but I wanted a DDHC that had only made it to first base.
Just wondering... why do you think it had 2 owners with only 452 miles on it... probably doesn't matter a stich but always curious.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
A lot of times cars get titled to a dealer for a short time.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yeah I imagine it will grow on me but it just appears a bit more feminine with the headlight which is obviously very subjective and I have no idea what it might mean in regards to my psyche lol.

The front end pic is of the 2018

Do miss the demonic red leather for sure. This is objective.
I see what you're saying. The update gives it a softer look but I think that's why they went with the dual LEDs, above and below, which do add a bit of a menace to it.
I liked how my '18 looked with just parking lights and fog lights. But I've grown to like the HC front end.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We have the Conti's DWS06's on our current SRT Jeep. They are a great tire. I will be switching the Run Flats out for these after they wear out in about 13,000 miles. With a spare tire you really don't need run flats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have the Conti's DWS06's on our current SRT Jeep. They are a great tire. I will be switching the Run Flats out for these after they wear out in about 13,000 miles. With a spare tire you really don't need run flats.
my plan exactly....much better ride and didnt tramline as bad. I had just put them on my 392 prior to trade :X

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
The Borla options for the DDHC have been verified to get rid of the terrible in-town drone below 2,000 RPM. They have the S-Type and ATAK options. I am looking to get the S-Type soon for that very reason, and I don't need the extreme ATAK sound qualities.

I also checked on your build and it is technically a 1 of 1, compliments of the engine block heater option. If you don't factor that in there are four others built just like it (3 in the US and 1 in Canada).

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club where many of us swapped our DDSRT392 for the DDHC!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What an automobile...what a motor.

Didnt expect to love it as much as we have. Do miss the exhaust note of the 392 and the continentals I had just put on. The new wheels are growing on me but initially I felt a bit tempted as I had just put continentals on the 392 to see if they would allow a wheel swap.

Interestingly, it did come with a spare. Thing is loaded with tow package (hence spare), interior package, rear screens, sunroof (uck, cant avoid them though), technology group.

I really used to thing tech group was a gimmick. Lane keep assist is badass. I love it. Glad it was present on my purchase.

The dealer in Grapevine was incredible. Great Service. Avondale VIP package complementary so we will see if there are any discounts worth anything.

So far I have had 5% tint all around w/ 50% on windshield.
Installed zl1addon mud flaps
Installed Luxe taillight, 3rd brake light, and side reflector tint
Exchanged the exhaust tips for Carven

The engine is incredible and the awd complements it so nicely. I really wish they would create a platform perhaps for 300c including awd and the hellcat engine.

Uconnect is about as frustrating as it was on the previous model. I do like that I have many more physical buttons as opposed to depending on uconnect touch screen for climate etc...

The drone is worse than the 392 even compared to after I did a rear resonator delete. Will be looking into this.

I feel it doesnt look as sinister as the previous face/grille. going to see what can be done about that...

Overall however, I adore the drivetrain. Small changes otherwise that are for better and worse.

Here is my trade:

2018 Dodge Durango SRT For Sale in Grapevine, TX - 1C4SDJGJXJC242649 - TrueCar
never had a 392 but the DHC (Hellrango according to the wife) is truly fabulous - wife drives it and calls it her best car ever - it is really fast and the AWD does do away with the tire spin of my Redeye (although that is sometimes half the fun). 4K over MSRP is a good price compared to many I have seen when looking.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Borla options for the DDHC have been verified to get rid of the terrible in-town drone below 2,000 RPM. They have the S-Type and ATAK options. I am looking to get the S-Type soon for that very reason, and I don't need the extreme ATAK sound qualities.

I also checked on your build and it is technically a 1 of 1, compliments of the engine block heater option. If you don't factor that in there are four others built just like it (3 in the US and 1 in Canada).

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club where many of us swapped our DDSRT392 for the DDHC!
S-type is nice, There is some drone or something when idling in eco/tow mode or reversing up. At least to my ears. (stuffing the sub box and dynamat the area helped it a bit). Makes all the right noises when you want it too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hey, thank you! Sincerely. I had no idea it had EBH. Little Easter egg for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts