Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just purchased my 2014 R/T about 1.5 weeks ago (I LOVE this car) and there is a setting on the remote start where it will supposedly automatically turn on the heated driver's seat and steering wheel. So far it does not seem to work. I chatted with the sales guy this past weekend who sold me the vehicle and he stated something about that it needed to be cold enough to work. That does not seem right to me. It is a minor issue but since I went way over my budget to buy this car I feel everything should work the way it seems that it should work. I started it this AM and it was 50 degrees outside (yes I live in California) and it did not work. And yes I like my ride to be cozy and warm. The heated seats and steering wheel was something I really wanted in the vehicle.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
First, congrats! Just passed 1 year and still loving every minute with my R/T!

Completely from memory here, but I believe the parameters are <40 and >80 degrees for the heat up or cool down to kick on with remote start...

-Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. I just wanted to make sure the sales guy wasn't just blowing me off. Like I said. I live in Cali. it does get around 32 degrees at times so I guess I will wait and see.

ps I am looking for all weather mats. Do you prefer the Husky over the Weathertech?

Nancy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Heated seats and steering will come on if the temp is below 40 degrees. Vented seats will come on if the temperature is above 80 degrees.

These features must be turned on using Uconnect settings before they will activate using remote start.

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Actually it must be below 37 degrees for heated seats and steering wheel to activate!
STEVE

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Actually it must be below 37 degrees for heated seats and steering wheel to activate!
STEVE
Again - Steve knows WAAAAAY too much about the D. A good choice for the "phone a friend" lifeline :D

Reactions: nimmzwei

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wish there was a setting to have both seats kick on when the auto start is engaged. But my passenger will just have to suffer with a cold tush until things warm up. :)

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Boomer not sure why Dodge and Chrysler use the 37 degree number. Here is a cool one for you
Wifes new R/T AWD Charger is a rear wheel Biased AWD Car when it gets below 37 degrees the AWD system automatically engages. It will not shut off front Axle until temps are above 41 degrees. It also activates if wipers are on for more than 5 minutes. And of course if it senses slippage. Now here is when it gets fun...If it is above 41 degrees no rain and you turn off traction control you can nail the gas and it will burn out about 30' before front engages. With traction control on its instantaneous. We need this system in the D!
Now back to our regularly scheduled program
STEVE

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Boomer not sure why Dodge and Chrysler use the 37 degree number. Here is a cool one for you
Wifes new R/T AWD Charger is a rear wheel Biased AWD Car when it gets below 37 degrees the AWD system automatically engages. It will not shut off front Axle until temps are above 41 degrees. It also activates if wipers are on for more than 5 minutes. And of course if it senses slippage. Now here is when it gets fun...If it is above 41 degrees no rain and you turn off traction control you can nail the gas and it will burn out about 30' before front engages. With traction control on its instantaneous. We need this system in the D!
Now back to our regularly scheduled program
STEVE
My head just exploded

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can confirm on the 2015's as well, it needs to be cold enough. For certain my has kicked on auto for the driver when it's been around 35... above that I haven't noticed myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts