Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extended Wheel Flares Group Buy

Siggi called the guy who makes these flares and he doesn't have the moldings to make those and if he's to make them he has to make 5 sets. So with that told each set would cost about 70,000.- icelandic krona and one krona is now $74.96 US which makes the set about $934 US and that's without the VAT but you don't have to pay that here. The shipping is about $150 US - So if you want these we have to come up with 4 other buyers. It'd take some months for him to make them. He has the flare's ready for other trucks as you can see on his website but not for ours.
http://www.brettakantar.is/?skoda=voruskra

http://durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9048&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Please sign up if you're interested! Thank you!

greg

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
How long do we have to commit? When can we see some pics from Siggi's fitting? It really would be nice to see pics prior to commitment. I have to say that what I have seen on his website really seem nice. For what he'll be supplying, the price seems fair. Especially since there's nothing else available, that compares.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Good point Mike. Siggi can you get us an answer?

Mike assuming this doesn't take until next year, you in? We'd need 3 more then?

greg

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
I have to say that I'm tempted. Considering nobody else even attempts to offer anything larger than the stock flares.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
MWeed said:
How long do we have to commit? When can we see some pics from Siggi's fitting? It really would be nice to see pics prior to commitment. I have to say that what I have seen on his website really seem nice. For what he'll be supplying, the price seems fair. Especially since there's nothing else available, that compares.
It's totally up to us since he won't do anything until we have those 5 orders. And I haven't been working for a group buy before so I don't know what you guy's usually do. I'll be going soon to Reykjavik and talk to him and let him measure my truck. I was even thinking to get the OEM flares borrowed from the dealer in Reykjavik to show him how they look off the the truck that would make things easier for him I think. I'll take the camera with me and shoot like a madman. But this flare here here's what Greg wants only custom made for his D. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Indy, for me at least cost isn't an issue as either I do this or I dump my set-up. So for me it's a no brainer.

Siggy, based on what I saw it seemed the easiest. If he has other suggestions once he sees hyour car and since he has to go from scratch as no mold exists I'd welcome his advice.

Thanx again
greg

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
After looking at how well the flairwork looks, sign me up for a set.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Great!

C'mon is there really no one out there who uses their D for other things than trips to the Mall? Three more people?
TIA
greg

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
They sure do look professionally done. Were are our 408 folks with the lifts and the mudders in the group? Sure they could use a set or three.

I bet DOCer Helmut would have jumped at those back when he had his D. Shout out to ya Helmut! Hope things are going well for you and the 'Stang IIRC!!

IndyDurango

·
Registered
669 Posts
Outta my price range for awhile :wall: (Trucks at the shop, headers are to be installed with some other goodies :lol: , hopefully I'll get it back saturday so I can be broke with a D rather than broke without one)

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Ok so I went to Reykjavik and visited Gunnar and the Artic Trucks company. Gunnar was very busy and will be for the next two months didn't have time to measure my D up but he has access to a gen 1 D so that's ok. He came out though and took a look at my D to see how much work it'd be to build the flares and was wandering about the space from the front doors to the beginning of the wheel opening which is very narrow but should be ok. He also said it'd take some time for the rear flares since they have to be partially on the rear door but doable. Didn't take any pics with Gunnar at this time will do if this will happen and then with the custom made D flares in the making. I did take some pics at the Artic Truck company and they had this Izuzu truck in there with some custom made flares on. Here are the pics?

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That shop is Awesome!
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Siggi Gunda said:
FSTDANGO3 said:
That shop is Awesome!
Steve
DOC Pres
Yes it's, it's like taking a kid to a candy store :cheesy: Then they also do all the work to the trucks the workshop is in the same building.
I really want to build a place like that
I'm told Robby Gordons Stores/ Shops are set up like that!
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
FSTDANGO3 said:
Siggi Gunda said:
FSTDANGO3 said:
That shop is Awesome!
Steve
DOC Pres
Yes it's, it's like taking a kid to a candy store :cheesy: Then they also do all the work to the trucks the workshop is in the same building.
I really want to build a place like that
I'm told Robby Gordons Stores/ Shops are set up like that!
Steve
DOC Pres
That would be cool and then maybe you could be the only store in the USA to have custom made fender flares from Iceland for every kind of Trucks that are sold in the US. It could be aranged :D

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ready to move to USA Siggi?
I mean I need a technical advisor :cheesy:
Steve
DOC Pres

1 - 20 of 29 Posts