Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I really wanna upgrade the exhaust on my 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 RWD. Want to do the suitcase delete and resonator delete. I do not care about drone. Does anyone sell a kit for the suitcase delete? so I can just cut and install? I don't want to have to bend pipe to make it fit. I am looking at Blastin Bobs resonator delete. want to do the 2.5" but not sure what the stock diameter is. will that work still or do I have to do the 2.5"? Anyone have anything better in mind? don't want to spend 1500 for Corsa. I know summit racing sells and x-pipe but not sure if it is a direct replacement where the suitcase is. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You're going to have to bend some pipe to get the x pipe installed. The suitcase is where they narrow down the exhaust so it's wide going in, narrow coming out. The exhaust before the suitcase is 2.5, it drops down to 2.25 after so you'll have to replace everything from the cats back to get 2.5. Probably not worth the effort.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if I want to go with 2.5 in, I can get rid of the suitcase and resonators and have 2.5. otherwise if I keep the suitcase, I have to go with 2.25. is that correct?

You're going to have to bend some pipe to get the x pipe installed. The suitcase is where they narrow down the exhaust so it's wide going in, narrow coming out. The exhaust before the suitcase is 2.5, it drops down to 2.25 after so you'll have to replace everything from the cats back to get 2.5. Probably not worth the effort.

·
Registered
736 Posts
so if I want to go with 2.5 in, I can get rid of the suitcase and resonators and have 2.5. otherwise if I keep the suitcase, I have to go with 2.25. is that correct?
If you get a fitted xpipe you wont have to have a lot of tubing bent if any. Not really sure the pipe size. If you go to a universal xpipe it will probably need a little bending. I have the blastin bobs 2.5 Delete on 13 Citadel with the suitcase installed still. It went right in without any additional pipe bending. I had posted a couple of vids in the Dodge durango owners group and 3rd gen durango family group on FB.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you get a fitted xpipe you wont have to have a lot of tubing bent if any. Not really sure the pipe size. If you go to a universal xpipe it will probably need a little bending. I have the blastin bobs 2.5 Delete on 13 Citadel with the suitcase installed still. It went right in without any additional pipe bending. I had posted a couple of vids in the Dodge durango owners group and 3rd gen durango family group on FB.
^^^ What he said !

I have the Bob's 2.5" WITH the magnaflows & it's plenty loud, can't imagine wanting it any louder than the 2.5's without the magnaflows !
I'd do the Bob's 1st (they are only $200) and if you still want more noise, then fiddle with the X-pipe/suitcase delete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I really wanna upgrade the exhaust on my 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 RWD. Want to do the suitcase delete and resonator delete. I do not care about drone. Does anyone sell a kit for the suitcase delete? so I can just cut and install? I don't want to have to bend pipe to make it fit. I am looking at Blastin Bobs resonator delete. want to do the 2.5" but not sure what the stock diameter is. will that work still or do I have to do the 2.5"? Anyone have anything better in mind? don't want to spend 1500 for Corsa. I know summit racing sells and x-pipe but not sure if it is a direct replacement where the suitcase is. Thanks in advance for the help.
There is a kit on eBay.. I remember seeing it when I deleted my suitcase.. but if you just go to autozone and get a couple of pieces of tubing.. the will weld right up.. I kept the rear stock resonators.. it sounds good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts