Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L. Looking for a cat back dual setup with side exits. What are people using nowadays?

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
why dual? I put a side exit (in front of the tire) on my 2500. sounds great and it was an easy install myself. all stainless. 1 18" pipe, 1 muffler, 1 tip and 1 90 degree elbow.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why dual? I put a side exit (in front of the tire) on my 2500. sounds great and it was an easy install myself. all stainless. 1 18" pipe, 1 muffler, 1 tip and 1 90 degree elbow.
It's the kid's truck. He is also interested in the side exit like you explained. Did you make it yourself or did you order a kit? He installed a Flowmaster 40 for it and didn't run the rest of the pipe. Of course (!), there was no support for it and as the truck bounced down the road it weakened the weld just in front of the catalytic converter and now he has a huge exhaust leak (more like tornado) and it is causing the engine to run like hell. No power at all. So this weekend, guess what we are doing. :)

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
I built it myself. I have a magnaflow for it, but it was too loud for towing so I have a Gibson on it now. I have the first side out exhaust. shipping it would suck, but I can give you a deal on it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I built it myself. I have a magnaflow for it, but it was too loud for towing so I have a Gibson on it now. I have the first side out exhaust. shipping it would suck, but I can give you a deal on it.
Thanks for the offer. We went ahead and took it to a muffler shop and let them install the piping from the muffler back. It was something he was asking for his birthday. He wanted it to look like his Dad's truck in the rear, although he has 3 inch tips with 2.5 inch piping from the muffler back and I have 4" turbo back with 5 inch tips. :) His exhaust is sounding really good right now.

Reactions: 12bschwartz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts