Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Durango SXT Plus with 40k miles. It was running great until a couple of weeks ago.
The first time the issue showed up was when I pushed the start button and took longer than usual to fire up.
After that, the issue started to show up intermittently taking longer every time to fire up, but at the end always started.
Yesterday it didnt start, so I pushed the button to turn it off after 6 to 8 seconds the starting engine was turning. When it stopped I pushed it back again and the engine fired up just fine, like nothing happened.
Today hapenned again (didnt fire up at the first try) just one time from the 3 I used the car, so my concerns are: first it seems to be randomly, second: I dont have any message or check engine light on, and third: this looks like it is getting worse until eventually it wont start again.
Talking to a friend we thought it could be the fuel pressure regulator, since this device is mechanical and no electrical (otherwise I would be getting the error code) the battery is ok and the air filter too.
Any thoughts or similar expereriences?

·
Super Moderator
13,030 Posts
My first guess would be the fuel pump.

Reactions: Chase300
1 - 2 of 2 Posts