Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,260 Posts
Can I swap a 5.7L out for a 392 hemi in my 2017 DD rt
Yes, check out my YouTube videos. Channel is called Tony Harmsen.
It was very well worth it. It only took a day and a half. And it was a very easy swap, plug n play... literally. PM me if you have questions. Hers the first video to get you started.

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was very well worth it. It only took a day and a half. And it was a very easy swap, plug n play... literally. PM me if you have questions. Hers the first video to get you started.
Any problems or notable things I should be aware off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Tony-
Just purchased a 2015 Challenger 6.4 motor. Had a quick question regarding the computer. Did you have to swap out computers as well or have the stock computer flashed? I will more than likely be swapping the 5sp tranny to the 8sp stock transmission unless I am advised it to.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,260 Posts
Hey Tony-
Just purchased a 2015 Challenger 6.4 motor. Had a quick question regarding the computer. Did you have to swap out computers as well or have the stock computer flashed? I will more than likely be swapping the 5sp tranny to the 8sp stock transmission unless I am advised it to.
If your Durango is a 2014-16 it will work, but will need to be tuned. If it’s newer, you will need to have it unlocked, then it can be tuned. I’m not sure about the 11-13. It has a different style of ecm, I believe. I would definitely use the 8 speed if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your Durango is a 2014-16 it will work, but will need to be tuned. If it’s newer, you will need to have it unlocked, then it can be tuned. I’m not sure about the 11-13. It has a different style of ecm, I believe. I would definitely use the 8 speed if you can.
Thanks for the reply Tony!
My Durango is 2014 like yours. So I am going to assume that all I will be good to go with my current computer and have a lead on a Diablosport i3 Platinum tuner that has Durango SRT tunes preloaded and ready. I will definitely keep my current 8sp transmission.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tony- were you able to use the oil pan on your swapped engine? Was told by a few individuals that I might need to pick up an oil pan from a Durango SRT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts