Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,733 Posts
Does that mean that they are still present? Or they were fixed? This are all the codes that were stored when they changed the battery
U0101-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH TCM
For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

• When Monitored:
    • With the ignition on.
    • Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts.
    • Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse installed.
    • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is configured correctly.
  • Set Condition:
    Bus messages not received from the Transmission Control Module (TCM) for approximately 500ms.

Possible Causes
CAN BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED​
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES​
TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE POWER AND GROUND​
TIPM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY​
TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE (TIPM)​
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC​

U0415-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM ABS
For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

Theory of Operation

The messages sent on the CAN bus are distinguished by an identifier (ID). Each CAN ID is defined to contain a certain number of bytes. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) verifies that it has received the proper number of bytes for each ID.

• When Monitored:
    Continuously with the ignition on, one valid CAN ID received at least once, and no U0002-CAN Bus Off Performance DTC present.
  • Set Condition:
    When the TCM detects an incorrect CAN ID from the ABS control module.

Possible Causes
FCM CAN BUS DTCS PRESENT​
ABS DTCS PRESENT​
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)​

Reactions: alejandro03

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,733 Posts
If the codes are no longer present or stored and have been erased....it's possible the battery was causing your issues.

The first two are concerning as outlined above. I don't have info for the others but looking up some of them it seems they're all electrical related codes. One refers to the passenger seat recline, another is liftgate related, another is Park Sense related, etc.

If you're still getting a check engine light then bring it in to see what the current stored codes are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If the codes are no longer present or stored and have been erased....it's possible the battery was causing your issues.

The first two are concerning as outlined above. I don't have info for the others but looking up some of them it seems they're all electrical related codes. One refers to the passenger seat recline, another is liftgate related, another is Park Sense related, etc.

If you're still getting a check engine light then bring it in to see what the current stored codes are.
Those codes were stored before they replaced the battery. I haven't check if they are still stored since the new battery was put in place. But p0018 still comes up. Ima end up taking it to them again when the cel comes back on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey people the code came back p0018 on my way home from work. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to have it fully checked. I will keep yall posted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good day yall, so just got out of the shop. They are going to order a new pcm. So i will have to bring the car again when the pcm gets here. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hey people. So on friday they put a new pcm. Today sunday the check engine light came back. I will be doing a claim since i have the used car warranty to return the car. Now once i return this durango i am not sure if i will be picking a new durango or go with the cx9. Lets see.

The new pcm came after they replaced the battery, camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Not trusting this vehicle anymore.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts