Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
So is this saying that a new software update is available that will keep the ECO mode OFF when you turn it off, even after cycling the ignition???

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
That is what it is essentially saying...Now lets see if it works. Is this ECO mode really that bad with the 8 speed?

STEVE

·
Registered
221 Posts
That is what it is essentially saying...Now lets see if it works. Is this ECO mode really that bad with the 8 speed?

STEVE
Yes. It seems to bog down and try to hold the current gear if you give it light throttle. You have to really press it to get the gear to change. Don't want (or need) to floor it just to pass someone, lol.

Reactions: No ConeSS

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

STEVE
Looks like this is only for the AWD vehicles?
It would be nice for it to stay off when turned off and not cycle back on.
However, I don't find any issue in Eco mode with the Hemi. I don't feel the need to switch it off when I drive it as opposed to when I drove the V6.
Only if you're going to be really driving aggressive, in and out of traffic will you notice that it holds gears longer than one would want, but that is what the Eco off switch is for.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just turn eco off when I start up..

·
Registered
65 Posts
To me this addresses a much more serious issue of the early shifting patterns. I don't need to be in 4th gear at 26MPH, just bogging like crazy. Manually shifting is almost a neccessity in the city - or 8th at 55MPH for that matter. The "learned" ECO mode will also be nice.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah I notice the early shifting most between 2 and 3, and 3 and 4. I don't need to be in 5th of 8 gears heading down a residential neighborhood a block from a stop sign. I just haven't noticed that Eco on or off makes that big a difference in it.

the only time I actually notice the Eco is when trying to pull out into traffic at a faster pace than I'd be driving leisurely. Then it's gotta be off of you wanna get to anything above 2500 rpms.

Just me?

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Now if only Diablo can figure out a way for us to this via their tuner so I don't have to bring it to dealer. Even better, would be great if dodge could make this a selectable setting via the evic

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wait, it doesn't work for 3.6? wtf???

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 5.7L engine (Sales Codes
EZH) and an 8HP70 automatic transmission (sales code DFD)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! My D is in for service now, and just called the dealership. They are applying this to it today!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts