Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

short question in the round. I have a 2019 DDSRT. My wheel arch liner on the driver's side is made of plastic. On the passenger side it is made of felt.

Last year the passenger side was broken. There was a bigger hole there. Since I had a problem with the bumper anyway, I assumed that the repair work was a bit inaccurate there. Shortly afterwards I had the defective wheel arch liner replaced.

A year later today, when I changed my tires, I found that I had a hole again. The wheel does not rub against the part when it is stationary. The only explanation I have is that when I drive very fast (250kmh) this felt wheelhouse shell bulges towards the front wheel due to the air resistance, and then briefly grinds until a lock is in it.

How is it with the other SRT drivers?

Does anyone have any idea what you can do other than buy a new wheel arch liner every time?

VG
David

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi there,

short question in the round. I have a 2019 DDSRT. My wheel arch liner on the driver's side is made of plastic. On the passenger side it is made of felt.

Last year the passenger side was broken. There was a bigger hole there. Since I had a problem with the bumper anyway, I assumed that the repair work was a bit inaccurate there. Shortly afterwards I had the defective wheel arch liner replaced.

A year later today, when I changed my tires, I found that I had a hole again. The wheel does not rub against the part when it is stationary. The only explanation I have is that when I drive very fast (250kmh) this felt wheelhouse shell bulges towards the front wheel due to the air resistance, and then briefly grinds until a lock is in it.

How is it with the other SRT drivers?

Does anyone have any idea what you can do other than buy a new wheel arch liner every time?

VG
David
Do you have aftermarket wheels or tires, lowering springs, etc? What size wheels & tires? I have the same issue, but have aftermarket wheels & tires & lowering springs. I also have a wear mark in the driver side plastic. Check yours closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have aftermarket wheels or tires, lowering springs, etc? What size wheels & tires? I have the same issue, but have aftermarket wheels & tires & lowering springs. I also have a wear mark in the driver side plastic. Check yours closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All is standard from the SRT. Tire is 295/45/20.
No lowering or anything else.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You drive on the Autobahn? Most here in the states don't drive regularly at 150mph but if I had to guess because of the way the vents are setup on the SRT that could be it. The air is pillowing in there and forcing the felt out. I'd say this is a pretty unique problem.

If I had to try and fix it myself I'd find a way to attach some cord or wire to the felt then somewhere inside the fender area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You drive on the Autobahn? Most here in the states don't drive regularly at 150mph but if I had to guess because of the way the vents are setup on the SRT that could be it. The air is pillowing in there and forcing the felt out. I'd say this is a pretty unique problem.

If I had to try and fix it myself I'd find a way to attach some cord or wire to the felt then somewhere inside the fender area.
Yes, I drive on the Autobahn. Then that will be it. Although I don't understand why everything is made of plastic on the driver's side and felt on the passenger's side. If Dodge builds an SRT that is electronically limited to 260 km / h, then you should also use plastic on the passenger side.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes, I drive on the Autobahn. Then that will be it. Although I don't understand why everything is made of plastic on the driver's side and felt on the passenger's side. If Dodge builds an SRT that is electronically limited to 260 km / h, then you should also use plastic on the passenger side.
I'm sure they didn't test the long term affects of consistent high speed driving. Wouldn't hurt to let Dodge, specifically the SRT group know about it.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
421 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts