Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with my 2 months old Durango RT 2020 AC Issues in Summer. When the car stopped in Red Light or waiting in my car, the AC becomes not so cool. And yet, cold when driving.

Is this normal issue or is there any small tweak can solve this?

Please share your insight. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well it’s hard to know what you mean by “not so cool”. Does it blow warm air? Or is it just a bit less cold. Out 2018 Citadel doesn’t really show this to where it’s noticeable. In the 134 systems and I assume 1234 systems are the same I do know they cool better when the engine is revving.
At any rate, just make sure your temp is set to Lo and your recirculation is on, otherwise if you continue to have what you consider a problem take it to the dealer, that’s what you got warranty for.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Muath:
Congrats on the 2020 Durango! Your AC system might be a little low on refrigerant. Are you in the US? If you are somewhere that has really high ambient temps, that could explain it as well. IIRC, if you are seeing temps roughly 25 degrees less than the outdoor temps, the system is working to some extent pretty well.

As bigunit says, if you are somewhere that you have warranty, I would pursue the issue there first.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it’s hard to know what you mean by “not so cool”. Does it blow warm air? Or is it just a bit less cold. Out 2018 Citadel doesn’t really show this to where it’s noticeable. In the 134 systems and I assume 1234 systems are the same I do know they cool better when the engine is revving.
At any rate, just make sure your temp is set to Lo and your recirculation is on, otherwise if you continue to have what you consider a problem take it to the dealer, that’s what you got warranty for.
Yes just a bit less cold. I have put in on LOW but still doesn't keep up with the hot temperature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muath:
Congrats on the 2020 Durango! Your AC system might be a little low on refrigerant. Are you in the US? If you are somewhere that has really high ambient temps, that could explain it as well. IIRC, if you are seeing temps roughly 25 degrees less than the outdoor temps, the system is working to some extent pretty well.

As bigunit says, if you are somewhere that you have warranty, I would pursue the issue there first.

Don
Thanks man. Yeah I live in Saudi Arabia and it's summer like 45C and although I've tented my car, still feels a lot less cold and kinda getting sweaty than when I'm driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts