Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching for performance mod options for 2018 Durango R/T, currently stock. Looking for ideas for exhaust, tuners, intake, filter, maybe cam, and rear-end, but not forced induction.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
1. Please just read the forum. 2. These are repeated questions that get asked at least 3 times every week. The Search Community box is really your best bet to answer another long list of questions from someone who obviously hasn't done question one yet.

Reactions: Hemix3

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Please just read the forum. 2. These are repeated questions that get asked at least 3 times every week. The Search Community box is really your best bet to answer another long list of questions from someone who obviously hasn't done question one yet.
Thanks for your help. And maybe you have nothing to do.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
635 Posts
Searching for performance mod options for 2018 Durango R/T, currently stock. Looking for ideas for exhaust, tuners, intake, filter, maybe cam, and rear-end, but not forced induction.
There's really a ton you can do with the 5.7 naturally aspirated. So many options and info out there. Just depends on how far you're willing to go.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,493 Posts
And how fat your wallet is....or your credit card limits !!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
Dee Dee, you come here in April and haven't searched for answers to your questions, yet you decide that my opinions on various topics you aren't involved with are not worthy of anyone? And you call me judgemental? Before I ever bought my DD I was reading this forum vigorously to ensure I was going to be happy with my decision of buying a DD. I am and it's because of this forum. I read answer after answer to many questions I had pondered and many I hadn't. I now know how to perform many diagnostics and repairs on my vehicle and have made many decisions on what I do to my car based on other's experiences here, that I read about. That's how a good forum works.

Do you think if I went to a Range Rover or Porsche forum and asked what modifications I can do to my vehicle in my first, or close to my first post, that anyone would give me the time of day? It's no different on a vending machine forum I participate in where new people join constantly asking blindly, how to get into vending. Do you think that the 35 years of experience I have in that field leads to a simple answer?

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's really a ton you can do with the 5.7 naturally aspirated. So many options and info out there. Just depends on how far you're willing to go.
Dee Dee, you come here in April and haven't searched for answers to your questions, yet you decide that my opinions on various topics you aren't involved with are not worthy of anyone? And you call me judgemental? Before I ever bought my DD I was reading this forum vigorously to ensure I was going to be happy with my decision of buying a DD. I am and it's because of this forum. I read answer after answer to many questions I had pondered and many I hadn't. I now know how to perform many diagnostics and repairs on my vehicle and have made many decisions on what I do to my car based on other's experiences here, that I read about. That's how a good forum works.
Hey Tin, tiny, Tinfoil. You don't have to convince me you have read everything there is to read about your own issues. Try helping someone else with what they are trying to do. That's how forums work. It's not all about you ya know.

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Do you think if I went to a Range Rover or Porsche forum and asked what modifications I can do to my vehicle in my first, or close to my first post, that anyone would give me the time of day? It's no different on a vending machine forum I participate in where new people join constantly asking blindly, how to get into vending. Do you think that the 35 years of experience I have in that field leads to a simple answer?
Okay, tiny tinfoil, you join a new forum and after 1 year, you become an expert on the subject. Interesting how all folks to join the forum after you are suddenly new and you do not see yourself as new. So you want to be viewed as old and knowledgeable. Okay..

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
Why a link to Faceplant?

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Thank you! Exactly what I am finding. Start with exhaust or intake?
Intake. The Durangos stock intake is pretty restrictive.

Check out Zwade's posts here. He does a lot of before and after comparisons. He's hitting low 13s with out a cam yet.

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Intake. The Durangos stock intake is pretty restrictive.

Check out Zwade's posts here. He does a lot of before and after comparisons. He's hitting low 13s with out a cam yet.
Thank you Hemiwot. Will checkout Zwade's posts. I am thinking a new intake and exhaust might just get me there. Appreciate your help!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts