1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took delivery of the new 2019 Durango SRT I ordered and no ''book'' manual came with it. Just a couple of booklets - generic. When I asked where's the book, was told it's "in the computer". This old school Veteran was , to say the least, chapped.

I ordered a 2018 Durango Owner's Manual online - same as 2019 (1 inch thick) so when I am trying to learn the myriad of sequences for this beast I don't have to be in it and on the computer or on this desktop looking at it.

Point is, no matter how far we've electronically "progressed", if you want to call it that, a real book, carry around owner's manual, should come with a new vehicle. The manufacturer's should never be cheaped up enough to get away from that. Hell, LAW rockets came with written instructions.

And yes, I AM the only one in America that doesn't have a SmartPhone. Which could be a soon on that as there are Apps that I need for this new micro-processor right leg I have.

Welp that's my gripe for the day boys....and I think my first post.

Good to be here. In more ways than one.

Will
'69-'70

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
welcome..I hear ya about the lack of a proper manual .. As you point out a connected device has replaced the paper....regardless you will love this powerful capable brute.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I could have sworn my 2018 SRT came with a manual. Now I have to look...lol
But I did download a copy on my laptop so I can reference it. It's all about the bottom line and, based on how many questions get asked that are usually answered in the manual, most people aren't reading theirs. So I can understand why carmakers have decided to go electronic with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Folks,
Have a 19 Durango. It also came with no owners manual. Found it on internet. 500 plus pages. To much to print.
Called 2 dealers and they quoted 80.00+/- for hard copy. Then somewhere on this forum it was noted to call Chrysler customer care. I called at 8 pm and a nice gentlemen got some info and within 1 week I got the book for free.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you check in the "secret" compartment that is above the glovebox? If you open the glovebox there is a small opening at the top where the owner's manual can be stored. I've seen a lot people say they've found theirs there. Mine were in the storage compartment in the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All Chrysler Brands from 2013+ the vehicle(unless the dealer specifically ordered it) come with a Smaller User's Guide and not a full fledged manual..

I Prefer FCA Canada Owners to find any manual, sure its the Canadian Version, but the information is the same, and the Canadian Manual lists both KM and Miles

Just FYI; if your the Original Owner, you can request the manual and Dodge will ship if to you at no cost; Call them at 1-800-992-1997

As of MY2021 the full manual will be included in all CDJR Vehicles once again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts