Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen performance or design mods yet for the Durango Hellcat? I found lowering springs from MOPAR for sure and some design stuff from Hurst. I'm contacting Legmaker to see if they have a carbon intake yet. APR is making us a splitter. We sent them the form like we did for the Charger Widebody last year. I'm trying to find an exhaust. No one really has anything on their sites and I'm not sure if they will given the 1 year only production.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I ordered a JLT intake and their oil separator. I considered the LMI intake but from what the Trackhawk guys say, it's really just a show piece. JLT's does a much better job of lowering IATs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered a JLT intake and their oil separator. I considered the LMI intake but from what the Trackhawk guys say, it's really just a show piece. JLT's does a much better job of lowering IATs.
There won't be a Legmaker intake for another month or so...don't bother calling yet. In terms of a JLT vs. Legmaker, there won't be any advantage to a JLT as they are both going to be mounted in the same place and going into the same throttle body. The only difference will be materials and JLT is a plastic tube and Legmaker will be carbon fiber. If you don't mind having a plastic tube, save the money and buy a JLT. If you want a nicer looking piece that is more on the scale of a $90k vehicle, buy the Legmaker. Both are going to give you similar performance...which won't be much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There won't be a Legmaker intake for another month or so...don't bother calling yet. In terms of a JLT vs. Legmaker, there won't be any advantage to a JLT as they are both going to be mounted in the same place and going into the same throttle body. The only difference will be materials and JLT is a plastic tube and Legmaker will be carbon fiber. If you don't mind having a plastic tube, save the money and buy a JLT. If you want a nicer looking piece that is more on the scale of a $90k vehicle, buy the Legmaker. Both are going to give you similar performance...which won't be much.
I already contacted Legmaker and was told the DDHC intake would be almost the same as the Trackhawk version.

A cursory search will show that JLT intakes net consistently lower IATs than Legmaker, and I spent quite a bit of time researching both and comparing input from Hellcat and Trackhawk owners. The Legmaker intake doesn’t have as efficient of a heat shield, which either does nothing for or actually raises IATs. Pretty much defeats the purpose of a cold air intake.

Just because something is mounted in the same place doesn’t mean it will perform the same. I’m perfectly fine replacing the plastic tube on my $90k vehicle with another plastic tube instead of gaudy carbon fiber.

Reactions: KDG

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
942 Posts
Has anyone seen performance or design mods yet for the Durango Hellcat? I found lowering springs from MOPAR for sure and some design stuff from Hurst. I'm contacting Legmaker to see if they have a carbon intake yet. APR is making us a splitter. We sent them the form like we did for the Charger Widebody last year. I'm trying to find an exhaust. No one really has anything on their sites and I'm not sure if they will given the 1 year only production.
I’m pretty sure any of the aftermarket 3” exhaust for the SRT 392 will work fine. The catless mid pipes I have were listed for the trackhawk as well. Try Stainless Works.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I already contacted Legmaker and was told the DDHC intake would be almost the same as the Trackhawk version.

A cursory search will show that JLT intakes net consistently lower IATs than Legmaker, and I spent quite a bit of time researching both and comparing input from Hellcat and Trackhawk owners. The Legmaker intake doesn’t have as efficient of a heat shield, which either does nothing for or actually raises IATs. Pretty much defeats the purpose of a cold air intake.

Just because something is mounted in the same place doesn’t mean it will perform the same. I’m perfectly fine replacing the plastic tube on my $90k vehicle with another plastic tube instead of gaudy carbon fiber.
If I'm paying for an intake that barely changes my HP figure, it better look and sound good for my money. The JLT looks like any intake I could get from K&N or any other mass production intake company. The Legmaker is actually going to come with a fully boxed in filter and cover unlike the open element in the JLT. To each their own, but IAT's during a quarter mile run are what I'm concerned about and I'm confident that the Legmaker is going to perform just as well, if not better on the track. Plus, I'll take "gaudy" carbon fiber with a cover over cheap plastic anyday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If I'm paying for an intake that barely changes my HP figure, it better look and sound good for my money. The JLT looks like any intake I could get from K&N or any other mass production intake company. The Legmaker is actually going to come with a fully boxed in filter and cover unlike the open element in the JLT. To each their own, but IAT's during a quarter mile run are what I'm concerned about and I'm confident that the Legmaker is going to perform just as well, if not better on the track. Plus, I'll take "gaudy" carbon fiber with a cover over cheap plastic anyday.
You're concerned about IATs but choosing an intake that's inferior for that purpose. Good to go.

I'm a function-over-form guy and don't mind "cheap plastic", especially considering that's what's already on the truck from the factory. That and it's going to spend 95% of its time hidden under the hood where no one will see it. But again, to each their own. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're concerned about IATs but choosing an intake that's inferior for that purpose. Good to go.

I'm a function-over-form guy and don't mind "cheap plastic", especially considering that's what's already on the truck from the factory. That and it's going to spend 95% of its time hidden under the hood where no one will see it. But again, to each their own. Best of luck with whatever you choose.
I'm not choosing inferior, you haven't proven anything to me. All I know is that the Legmaker intake is on some of the fastest cars in the Modern Street Hemi Shootout series. I don't know of many that run the generic JLT intake. I sure as hell am not screwing some cheezy plastic piece over my hood vent to keep out water either. If it came with an actual enclosed filter box, you wouldn't need that band-aid fix. That was done just so they could come out with an intake for the Durango Hellcat first, not because it's more effective. Like I said, you do you and I'll see if my IAT's are really that much higher when real world testing comes into play...on the track and not idling somewhere in a parking lot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not choosing inferior, you haven't proven anything to me. All I know is that the Legmaker intake is on some of the fastest cars in the Modern Street Hemi Shootout series. I don't know of many that run the generic JLT intake. I sure as hell am not screwing some cheezy plastic piece over my hood vent to keep out water either. If it came with an actual enclosed filter box, you wouldn't need that band-aid fix. That was done just so they could come out with an intake for the Durango Hellcat first, not because it's more effective. Like I said, you do you and I'll see if my IAT's are really that much higher when real world testing comes into play...on the track and not idling somewhere in a parking lot.
Cool

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any instructions on powering Valentine 1 off the mirror?
I have this setup in my DDSRT...you just need the MirrorTap Blendmount kit for the V1. I'm running a dashcam and V1 off the mirror using Blendmount's taps. Combine that with a V1 mirror mount and you end up with a really clean install.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Let's not argue about wasting money.
worth it though, the sound is :ROFLMAO:

But it does allow a lot of engine air in as the shield doesn't seal very well around anything all.

I also put in a larger seal around the tube/shield but I think when I have more time I'll redo the shield to seal it off more and a cover over the top. Also the stock air duct from the bumper does not point upward towards the filter at all.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm confused. What's the difference between the factory setup and the "fully boxed in filter and cover" you are paying extra for from Legmaker?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have this setup in my DDSRT...you just need the MirrorTap Blendmount kit for the V1. I'm running a dashcam and V1 off the mirror using Blendmount's taps. Combine that with a V1 mirror mount and you end up with a really clean install.
I second this. I moved the Blendmount and Invisicord over from my 2014 JGCSRT to my 2018 DDSRT and now to my 2021 DDHC. If I remember right there are only three wires in the back of the 2021 mirror connector. The two next to each other are power and ground, the third is a signal wire and not needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second this. I moved the Blendmount and Invisicord over from my 2014 JGCSRT to my 2018 DDSRT and now to my 2021 DDHC. If I remember right there are only three wires in the back of the 2021 mirror connector. The two next to each other are power and ground, the third is a signal wire and not needed.
Do you have to remove the cover on the base of mirror in order to access these wires?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you have to remove the cover on the base of mirror in order to access these wires?
In the DDSRT yes you do, I had to remove the cover to tap into everything and zip tie it all back up. It got pretty crowded with the MirrorTap wires, dashcam, and V1 Blendmount but after the cover is back on it looks pretty clean and so much easier than trying to run the wires all the way to the cigarette lighter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts