Dodge Durango Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
today is a weird one...all my performance page gauges which I like to see as I drive show either 32 or 0.... :rolleyes:

runs fine..no cel's....I guess I either disconnect battery or bring to dealer...

·
Registered
137 Posts
After getting full PPF and 15% window tint and putting on a few hundred miles locally, I drove my Hellcat from South Florida to Massachusetts and then back...oil change at 1,500 miles, now have close to 4,000 miles so far on the car...no significant issues (knock on wood), and that long road trip included an 800-mile day in 95-100+ temperatures with only 2 quick gas stops, a 50-mile stretch through a tropical storm, and in general my typical "enthusiastic" driving...

I have nothing but great things to say about the car at this point. The only minor issues I have experienced are:

1) the horn occasionally makes a strange sound in the cabin (not to be crude, but it sounds like a farting noise, which I oddly also experienced in a brand new Charger rental last year)
2) extreme amounts of of break dust for me to clean:p

I will be taking the car across the country from South Florida to Los Angeles (and back) in a few months after another oil change/tire rotation (6k service?), so it will be interesting to see how the car performs then.
If you see a white one, covered in break dust, give a wave down here. I'm impressed how it is handling the florida heat right now (though i did wrap my i/c coolant lines).

My wife's vehicle (vw) had a bad spring in the steering wheel, which made a similar sound when turning.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
UConnect has re-booted on it's own twice in the past few days. SRT Customer told me an update is in the works but no timetable.

·
Registered
287 Posts
UConnect has re-booted on it's own twice in the past few days. SRT Customer told me an update is in the works but no timetable.
Sorry to hear about the concerns you're having with your Uconnect system lately. We can look into this further, if you'd like? Just send us a private message with your VIN and any additional details that you think would be helpful.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
so today cel first time..went into limp mode. after restart pulled codes...7E8 for engine which is P2100 throttle activator control motor circuit open...the second is 7E9: A/T which gives no actual further code just saying module does not report further..It runs ok with cel light on...can it be driven to dealer 20 miles away or flat bedded?

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
105 Posts
so today cel first time..went into limp mode. after restart pulled codes...7E8 for engine which is P2100 throttle activator control motor circuit open...the second is 7E9: A/T which gives no actual further code just saying module does not report further..It runs ok with cel light on...can it be driven to dealer 20 miles away or flat bedded?
As long as the MIL isn't flashing you should be able to drive it with no problems. A flashing MIL needs prompt attention and shouldn't be driven.

Have you noticed your dealership of choice about it?

Have the codes cleared and see if they return.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
too late to call and closed tomorrow.I did not clear them with my reader because wanted dealer to see them.Yes cel is not flashing...

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
105 Posts
too late to call and closed tomorrow.I did not clear them with my reader because wanted dealer to see them.Yes cel is not flashing...
Is your scan tool able to record live data? If so, record it and save it. Take that to the dealership. Just make sure that the dtc's are recorded too. Just to be sure they are included, take a pic of them.

But, if it were me, I would clear the codes and see if they come back. If they don't, great. If they do, and nothing has changed (different codes pop up), you have the codes onboard and a saved file of them to show your dealership.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was hesitant because of the new to me vehicle and lack of familiarity of the cel. One of my other cars had lean codes which I was comfortable clearing because I knew the limited downside...and bench flowing the injectors took care of that...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Limp mode is supposed to allow you to drive it for a short trip though I don't recall a mileage limit.
I saw you cleared the codes. Wonder what could have caused it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
so cel came back on..this time its P2101 which is still throttle control module but now out of range..so must be a loose faulty wire or just bad module...maybe a victim of non standard chip usage...will have to bring in...

·
Registered
137 Posts
minor issues. screw in tire :p I drove it once last week for 20 miles... run flats are order only, might be a few days out (btw, tirerack has close out on 3 season max)

81 - 100 of 110 Posts