Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
248 Posts
My uconnect issues. When connected via bluethooth and music on an iphone X, after 30+ minutes the system will lock up and reboot. (carplay wireless or plug in, no issues). The weather/traffic works 10% of the time.

I do get a thump noise of something hitting when going over a speed bump (entrance to my community) on the rebound. (unless i go very very slow, it is highly pitched though)

I do have the TPMS issue on front right wheel but only driving by a certain area/building (happened 3 times). FWIW, discount tire and such can check your tpms for free.

About 2k miles so far.
i have the same noise also. It's like when the rear suspension gets extended over a speedbump. Check if it happens on sport on track mode. I will try on my end

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I tried to troubleshoot the moaning noise but wasn't able to isolate it. Every drive mode, radio on/off, A/C on/off, etc. doesn't change the sound. It still starts once the truck is up to operating temperature.

In other news, my iPhone wouldn't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I've about had it with the new Uconnect.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I tried to troubleshoot the moaning noise but wasn't able to isolate it. Every drive mode, radio on/off, A/C on/off, etc. doesn't change the sound. It still starts once the truck is up to operating temperature.

In other news, my iPhone wouldn't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I've about had it with the new Uconnect.
Fuse number F71 - Amplifier/ANCM (active noise cancelation module)

I want to give it a try and pull the fuse to see it's the moaning sounds goes away has I am sure it's related to the ANC.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Little update for you @DDSRT0311

I dig back on the RAM5THGEN forum related to the ANC. The mic for the ANC are the 4 located in the headliners.

It seems like the ANC is at OFF only when there's a window down. So if you can try to cruise your DD to reproduce the moaning sound, but with a window down, this will I guess clear the fact that the noise we are having is related to ANC module.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Little update for you @DDSRT0311

I dig back on the RAM5THGEN forum related to the ANC. The mic for the ANC are the 4 located in the headliners.

It seems like the ANC is at OFF only when there's a window down. So if you can try to cruise your DD to reproduce the moaning sound, but with a window down, this will I guess clear the fact that the noise we are having is related to ANC module.
I still heard it with the windows down.

·
Registered
248 Posts
sorry for pointing you on the wrong direction, well I guess either it is not a ANC issue or the window thing is only related to RAM behaviour.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
sorry for pointing you on the wrong direction, well I guess either it is not a ANC issue or the window thing is only related to RAM behaviour.
No worries at all, I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I just hit about 650 miles on my DDHC, and I wanted to formalize a few of the bad things I've noticed thus far. I'm not sure if they're all "issues", but maybe other owners can shed some light on or independently verify them.

1. Driver side catalytic converter squeals badly when cold (new cat on order from the dealership with no ETA)

2. Front parking sensors seem extremely inaccurate compared to my 2019 DDSRT:
  • Even when about one foot from an object, I only get the middle yellow proximity alert
  • Also the red proximity alert will randomly trip when stopped in traffic without an obstacle in front
3. Uconnect being Uconnect. I've had to hard restart it about ten times at this point. I love the interface but I'm disappointed with how buggy it is.

4. Strange howling sound from the engine between 1,500-3,200 RPMs. No, not the supercharger whine, but more of a dull moaning sound.
  • Only does it once the truck is at operating temp
  • Not driveline noise and not speed-dependent. I've heard it in D, N, and P, even when coasting down the road and revving to that RPM interval
5. Loud grinding/growling sound from the exhaust at 3/4 throttle and WOT. Almost sounds like TV static but from the back of the truck
  • I've only heard it about four times but it's disconcerting
  • While accelerating, the sound comes and goes until I let off the throttle
I know this seems like a laundry list of complaints, but overall I'm very happy with the truck. However I am a bit frustrated that I've had this many issues so soon into ownership of an almost $100,000 vehicle, but I'm hoping Dodge will correct these for me.
Quick update since I posted this and took my Durango into the dealer:
  1. Bad Catalytic Converter: Still waiting on a new cat to show up, but SRT hooked it up and expedited the shipment

2. Parking Sensors: The dealership reset the parking sensors but they're still wildly inaccurate
    • Front/rear sensors either don't pick anything up or freak out when I'm nowhere near an object
    • Front sensors still pick up "ghosts" while sitting still in traffic with no cars in front of me
  3. Uconnect: Still horrendously bad and has gotten worse; can't drive more than ten minutes without it disconnecting my phone and/or dropping a call

4. Engine "Moan": The dealership said this is normal exhaust noise, but I disagree since it has nothing to do with the exhaust. It sounds like it's coming from the fan, radiator, or otherwise front of the engine
  5. Grinding Noise: This is most likely the exhaust contacting something underneath the truck
    • Some Trackhawk owners have this same sound, and said it's exhaust hitting the transmission brace
    • I'll have this checked out whenever the cat comes in

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quick update since I posted this and took my Durango into the dealer:
  1. Bad Catalytic Converter: Still waiting on a new cat to show up, but SRT hooked it up and expedited the shipment

2. Parking Sensors: The dealership reset the parking sensors but they're still wildly inaccurate
    • Front/rear sensors either don't pick anything up or freak out when I'm nowhere near an object
    • Front sensors still pick up "ghosts" while sitting still in traffic with no cars in front of me
  3. Uconnect: Still horrendously bad and has gotten worse; can't drive more than ten minutes without it disconnecting my phone and/or dropping a call

4. Engine "Moan": The dealership said this is normal exhaust noise, but I disagree since it has nothing to do with the exhaust. It sounds like it's coming from the fan, radiator, or otherwise front of the engine
  5. Grinding Noise: This is most likely the exhaust contacting something underneath the truck
    • Some Trackhawk owners have this same sound, and said it's exhaust hitting the transmission brace
    • I'll have this checked out whenever the cat comes in
Either your audio quality is poor our my ears are bad as all I hear is Hellcat noise! If you wanted a quit vehicle maybe you should have got a V6! I love my noisy SRT!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Either your audio quality is poor our my ears are bad as all I hear is Hellcat noise! If you wanted a quit vehicle maybe you should have got a V6! I love my noisy SRT!
Not even sure where to start with your comment there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm at about 350 miles and the only issue I've had is poor sound quality when listening to satellite radio. I read somewhere (maybe on here) that it is a UConnect issue so I tried Sirius through the Android Auto "app" and it sounds tons better.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yep from my reading the HK system needs good quality input to sound better than the "standard" system. Of course I'm ok with the "beats" in my SRT so I'm no audiophile... 😜

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I was finally able to get a video of my front parking sensors picking up ghosts. It had been doing this for about a minute before I started recording.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I was finally able to get a video of my front parking sensors picking up ghosts. It had been doing this for about a minute before I started recording.
I was told by the dealer they could duplicate my issue and no codes in the system. Looks like I'm going to have to do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have about 1500 miles on my DDHC and had the following issues so far:

-UConnect Display all green when starting the vehicle a few times
-UConnect sluggish at times when navigating through different areas
-Sound system has a lot of static at times, so much so that I have to stop listening to music (happens randomly and can't yet find any particular source that is having the issue), has happened with Sirius, phone, and Navigation
-Occasionally I'll get a warning message to keep my hands on the steering wheel even though my hands are on the steering wheel

I think that's it. Overall I'm happy with the vehicle but don't expect these kinds of problems on a 100k SUV.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have about 1500 miles on my DDHC and had the following issues so far:

-UConnect Display all green when starting the vehicle a few times
-UConnect sluggish at times when navigating through different areas
-Sound system has a lot of static at times, so much so that I have to stop listening to music (happens randomly and can't yet find any particular source that is having the issue), has happened with Sirius, phone, and Navigation
-Occasionally I'll get a warning message to keep my hands on the steering wheel even though my hands are on the steering wheel

I think that's it. Overall I'm happy with the vehicle but don't expect these kinds of problems on a 100k SUV.
Sorry to hear about those odd behaviors you've noticed with your Uconnect system so far. That doesn't sound right, so I'd like to look into this if you don't mind.

Please send our team a private message with your VIN and any details/documentation that you feel is worth noting.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sergeant Sir, Please finish the break in procedure and yes, the UC is pain in the ass. Maybe, with all due respect we shouldn't be so anal about the uc system and parking sensors. Frustrating as that is, DODGE WILL take care of the bugs. Though Maybe we should appreciate that we are one of a few to have THE ABSOLUTE MOST BADDEST Werk Tow Haul Carry Drag Pull Play & Perform Platform That Looks Feels & Sounds Great Doin It!! On The Planet!!! Fill Er Up Put That MFer In The Wind Shut Off ALL Distractions STAND IN IT Hear Me ROAR!!! Hang up & DRIVE Hard & Fast
Having towed with several Suburbans, a few Burban Diesel 2500's couple Roadmaster wagens, My 14 DDRT is Fabulous, I can only imagine how DDHC would be Blasting Cross Country.. Can't Hear You the CAR is TOO LOUD!!
CONGRATULATIONS SIR, You are one of the few, You own a Wagen that Will Go 180!! BE PROUD
Lighten Up Sarge Remember Men are just Overgrown Boys, He IS still inside you, Go Have a Blast
Thank You

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sergeant Sir, Please finish the break in procedure and yes, the UC is pain in the ass. Maybe, with all due respect we shouldn't be so anal about the uc system and parking sensors. Frustrating as that is, DODGE WILL take care of the bugs. Though Maybe we should appreciate that we are one of a few to have THE ABSOLUTE MOST BADDEST Werk Tow Haul Carry Drag Pull Play & Perform Platform That Looks Feels & Sounds Great Doin It!! On The Planet!!! Fill Er Up Put That MFer In The Wind Shut Off ALL Distractions STAND IN IT Hear Me ROAR!!! Hang up & DRIVE Hard & Fast
Having towed with several Suburbans, a few Burban Diesel 2500's couple Roadmaster wagens, My 14 DDRT is Fabulous, I can only imagine how DDHC would be Blasting Cross Country.. Can't Hear You the CAR is TOO LOUD!!
CONGRATULATIONS SIR, You are one of the few, You own a Wagen that Will Go 180!! BE PROUD
Lighten Up Sarge Remember Men are just Overgrown Boys, He IS still inside you, Go Have a Blast
Thank You
Are you referring to the OP? Because if you are, you haven't read his other thread.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts