Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have about 600 miles on ours as well. The only issue is one you have and I think I’ve read about it before.

The red proximity alert will randomly trip when stopped in traffic without an obstacle in front.

It’s very random but annoying so it’s disabled for now until it goes back for the first oil Change.
Hi bruiser392,
We are very sorry to hear about this. Please send me a private message with your VIN and current mileage so I can look into this for further handling.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am in the “electronic bugs” category.
Sometimes I can switch driving modes- other times it is not available at all- nor is the Performance Pages or Race options.
Dealership appointment one week from today.
Hi SRTRS5,
Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 21 SRT has a lose screw or marble under the floor board that I can’t find. Transmission is lagging a bit as well. They also put the blackout badge that goes on the grill when it was supposed to be silver. The dealership looked at me like I was stupid when I mentioned this and proceeded to say that’s the correct part number fir the grille lmfao. I’m trading it fir a Durango Hellcat so zfg

·
Registered
30 Posts
@DDSRT0311 The strange noise in your exhaust at 3/4 throttle may be a nasty resonance associated with the upstream leak in the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heard sounds that fit what you describe many years back in a Buick Electra. Turned out to be bubbles in the power steering.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
138 Posts
Dealership checked it out today for the SRT hard key not working. Can’t change out of auto mode. They have to order a new center stack switch which will be here in early June.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
248 Posts
@DDSRT0311
.Strange howling sound from the engine between 1,500-3,200 RPMs. No, not the supercharger whine, but more of a dull moaning sound.
  • Only does it once the truck is at operating temp
  • Not driveline noise and not speed-dependent. I've heard it in D, N, and P, even when coasting down the road and revving to that RPM interval
I have the same issue that I pointed out in another tread. I have tried music ON/OFF, A/C ON/OFF and it's not comming from those two sources.

I need to accelerate gentle and decelerate gentle to get the noise. Since I have a '21 TNG, I assume it's not related to engine if your Hellcat does the same.

I was thinking about the ANC(active noise canceling) as this module is supposed to remove the drowning sound at that RPM range (1,500 @ 3,200 RPM). Maybe an update will come, or if your find the location of the ANC module, try to disconnect it and give it a try.

In my '19 RAM, I had that issue and the ANC module was located under the front passenger side. There was a starcase TSB on this and the new software fixed the problem. I don't know what else it could be, so if you found something else, please share!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
@DDSRT0311
.Strange howling sound from the engine between 1,500-3,200 RPMs. No, not the supercharger whine, but more of a dull moaning sound.
  • Not driveline noise and not speed-dependent. I've heard it in D, N, and P, even when coasting down the road and revving to that RPM interval
I have the same issue that I pointed out in another tread. I have tried music ON/OFF, A/C ON/OFF and it's not comming from those two sources.

I need to accelerate gentle and decelerate gentle to get the noise. Since I have a '21 TNG, I assume it's not related to engine if your Hellcat does the same.

I was thinking about the ANC(active noise canceling) as this module is supposed to remove the drowning sound at that RPM range (1,500 @ 3,200 RPM). Maybe an update will come, or if your find the location of the ANC module, try to disconnect it and give it a try.

In my '19 RAM, I had that issue and the ANC module was located under the front passenger side. There was a starcase TSB on this and the new software fixed the problem. I don't know what else it could be, so if you found something else, please share!
Thank you for your input on this. I didn't even think of the ANC as a possible source, but I'll do some troubleshooting with that in mind. It's difficult to get a video of it but I'll see if I can snag a buddy to hold the RPMs in that range while the truck is making that noise.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
@DDSRT0311 I tried to record a video, but you will confirm what I am saying, it is really hard to get a sound sample of this one. PAC audio sells an harness to bypass the ANC.

It is mandatory to bypass if an aftermaket amplifiers is added. It also improve the mid/low bass on the stock H/K sound system on the RAM and Durango
That also makes me think that another issue I'm experiencing might be related to the ANC. Sometimes during 3/4 throttle and WOT accelerations, I hear this strange static sound coming from inside the truck. I assumed it was exhaust noise but it definitely makes sense that the ANC might be causing it.

Reactions: jeffauclair

·
Registered
86 Posts
I may be wrong but I thought the ANC only gets activated in Tow mode? Try tow mode and drive in the conditions you describe to see if it is there.

Also, do you have the base radio or the HK system? There are complaints in the general section about the more expensive HK radio. Maybe that is the reason?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I may be wrong but I thought the ANC only gets activated in Tow mode? Try tow mode and drive in the conditions you describe to see if it is there.

Also, do you have the base radio or the HK system? There are complaints in the general section about the more expensive HK radio. Maybe that is the reason?
I think ANC is always on. The drowning sound of the exhaust occurs whatever mode you are. You might be right, but again it’s was always on in my RAM whatever the mode I was.

I have the HK sound system, but even with radio OFF(mute and/or power OFF) the ANC bypass that and is active.

Last winter when I had my RAM, I powerwash it when it was freezing outside ( i know i know…) and some water got in the speaker magnet and froze. When the ANC was doing is thing, the sound was crazy, even if radio power off. Buzzing sound from the rear right speaker. That is how I figured out ANC works all the time whatever the radio volume or power you are.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know on our 2018 Durango SRT the only time I could tell ANC was working was while towing with tow mode engaged. On our 2021 SRT we have yet to use it for towing yet (still getting it broken in). I do notice that it is quieter than the 2018 was. Not sure if it is because new or ANC is working in some way even in Auto mode. Perhaps a change in the 2021?

Another thing I noticed but haven't messed with. In the new uConnect under SRT drive modes. There is a way to enable and disable ECO mode. I will try next time and see if disabling ECO makes it louder.

We also just have the base Alpine system.

This article talks about the 2018 Durango SRT ANC automatically turns on in Tow mode.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I tested it out today and can confirm that it still does it in ECO mode. I'll have to try Tow mode tomorrow and see if that sounds different.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I tested it out today and can confirm that it still does it in ECO mode. I'll have to try Tow mode tomorrow and see if that sounds different.
Think you won’t need to try it. See bellow what I’ve found. I know its for grand cherokee, but we all know they are copy and paste vehicule.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just hit about 650 miles on my DDHC, and I wanted to formalize a few of the bad things I've noticed thus far. I'm not sure if they're all "issues", but maybe other owners can shed some light on or independently verify them.

1. Driver side catalytic converter squeals badly when cold (new cat on order from the dealership with no ETA)

2. Front parking sensors seem extremely inaccurate compared to my 2019 DDSRT:
  • Even when about one foot from an object, I only get the middle yellow proximity alert
  • Also the red proximity alert will randomly trip when stopped in traffic without an obstacle in front
3. Uconnect being Uconnect. I've had to hard restart it about ten times at this point. I love the interface but I'm disappointed with how buggy it is.

4. Strange howling sound from the engine between 1,500-3,200 RPMs. No, not the supercharger whine, but more of a dull moaning sound.
5. Loud grinding/growling sound from the exhaust at 3/4 throttle and WOT. Almost sounds like TV static but from the back of the truck
  • I've only heard it about four times but it's disconcerting
  • While accelerating, the sound comes and goes until I let off the throttle
I know this seems like a laundry list of complaints, but overall I'm very happy with the truck. However I am a bit frustrated that I've had this many issues so soon into ownership of an almost $100,000 vehicle, but I'm hoping Dodge will correct these for me.
I have about 600 miles on ours as well. The only issue is one you have and I think I’ve read about it before.

The red proximity alert will randomly trip when stopped in traffic without an obstacle in front.

It’s very random but annoying so it’s disabled for now until it goes back for the first oil Change.
Hi,
Can you both send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Ollie Crow
21 - 40 of 80 Posts