Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
I didn't see the paint quality inspection station.....

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Or you could go in person
Keep your eyes open for a 2016 Plant Tour...
STEVE

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
The Paint station is pretty cool
They dont allow much filming in there.
Even though some of you have suffered bad paint issues you would be pleased at the process.
Boomer more than likely that wart you have on your Durango popped up after paint finally cured 100% which can be a while after fresh delivery
One of the things my friend does at his body shop is to let the part or car he is painting sit for a few days after priming it. He said Primer often can temporarily seal in some solvent(or in Chryslers case a cleaner for the water based paint prep) bubbles or imperfections in metal that would cause problems after paint is dried and is cured completely. That way the primer lays completely down as it cures faster than paint and he can see any imperfections and correct them before he applies color

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
The Paint station is pretty cool
They dont allow much filming in there.
Even though some of you have suffered bad paint issues you would be pleased at the process.
Boomer more than likely that wart you have on your Durango popped up after paint finally cured 100% which can be a while after fresh delivery
One of the things my friend does at his body shop is to let the part or car he is painting sit for a few days after priming it. He said Primer often can temporarily seal in some solvent(or in Chryslers case a cleaner for the water based paint prep) bubbles or imperfections in metal that would cause problems after paint is dried and is cured completely. That way the primer lays completely down as it cures faster than paint and he can see any imperfections and correct them before he applies color
I don't know... I took delivery of the Citadel only a few weeks after it was built and that has a wart on it too that I noticed the day I got it. Also doesn't explain the runny paint on the tailgate. A one-eyed pirate with a bad case of glaucoma could have caught that in final inspection.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Your citadel was held back an extra week or so at least...and then it got kicked back a few more days for the suspension BS
so Almost 4 weeks from when it was painted was it visible
Not making excuses just know paint

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here's more footage from Jefferson North.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dude, this video is 5 years old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts