Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2002 dodge durango SXT and I want to give it a more mean look. I've already ordered new headlights. What other (not super expensive) modifications do y'all suggest? I have a photo in my album.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why did you not post the pic with your post?

Here are some ideas:
  • Headlights
  • Tailights
  • Bull Bar
  • Larger wheels with (moderately) lifted suspension
  • Aftermarket Window Tint
  • Aftermarket Performance Muffler/Exhaust
  • Plasti-Dip if you want to play around with color
  • Cowl Hood
  • Hood Cowls
  • Nerf Bars
  • VentVisors

BTW, here is a pic of mine (03 SXT):

Just keep in mind it is a 12 year old vehicle, so think about the value of the money spent.

·
Administrator
8,067 Posts
Body mods are like engine mods. Horsepower costs money, how fa$t do you want to go. A good cowl hood is several hundred $ before paint. There are new bumpers, lots of money. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Hoods, bumper covers, bull bars, nerf bars, larger tires, lift kits, custom interiors. all are avail. pick one spot and find out what is avail and then pick the next thing. I went for engine perfomance first and then moved to the exterior.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unless you need or use them, take the cross bars off of the roof rack! They cost you 10% of you gas mileage.
You will need to obtain four of the "shorty" rail bolts to fill the holes where the cross-bars attached, or you may have a leak!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unless you need or use them, take the cross bars off of the roof rack! They cost you 10% of you gas mileage.
You will need to obtain four of the "shorty" rail bolts to fill the holes where the cross-bars attached, or you may have a leak!
What kind of bolts? and do auto parts stores know what you are talking about when you ask for them? haha

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Just pop the back piece off of the roof at the rear hatch, unlock the cross rails and slide them off of the back of the plastic rails attached to the roof. once off, put the little plastic parts back on.

no bolts need to be removed to take off the cross rails.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will give that a try where is it located on the back hatch? I always thought you just pop the rails off with the buttons that are on the side

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
open the back hatch and look at the back of the black rails on the roof. there little plastic removable covers. carefully pry them to the rear and they slide off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just pop the back piece off of the roof at the rear hatch, unlock the cross rails and slide them off of the back of the plastic rails attached to the roof. once off, put the little plastic parts back on.

no bolts need to be removed to take off the cross rails.
On the 01, that is true...they changed that on the 03, I had to unbolt the cross bars before sliding them off the back of the rails. On the 99, prob no bolts. Just FYI...
:)

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
just unbolt them there will be no leaks
STEVE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts