Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11-15 DURANGO 5.7L VOLANT AIR INTAKE SALE FOR DODGEDURANGO.NET MEMBERS ONLY / SALE ENDS 12-12-14

volant-logo.jpg

16157_lg.jpg

System Details

Fits: 2011-2015 Dodge Durango 5.7L
Kit: Volant Air Intake
Choice 1: #161576 includes our Donaldson PowerCore Filter (100k mile maintenance free, max flow, exclusive ultra-web technology)
Choice 2: #16157 includes our Pro-5 oiled filter, 5 layer, uses 2 stage cleaning and oiling maintenance every 12k miles suggested.

Materials & Features:
Volant Air Filter Box: Our Cross-Link polyethylene box is engineered to each specific application for low restriction and an increase in air volume. It insulates and protects the filter from engine heat, moisture, dust and debris to provide colder air to the engine for an increase in horsepower.

Volant Air Duct: Factory air inlet ducts use sound baffles and awkward bends which restrict flow. Our Cross-Link polyethylene air ducts are sculptured to give the engine less restrictive breathing. Incorporating larger diameters and unique bends, that can't be duplicated with metal ducts, allow for maximum airflow velocity and throttle response.

High Performance Silicon Connectors: Our silicone hose connectors provide flexibility while maintaining strength and thermal stability. They won't crack or deform over time like rubber connectors.

Stainless Steel Clamps: We only use marine-grade, stainless steel clamps that provide optimal performance to provide a solid seal that won't loosen or deteriorate.

Donaldson PowerCore Volant Filter:

61503.jpg

Volant Filters with PowerCore® Filtration Technology: This air filter is the most revolutionary on the market. Manufactured by Donaldson® to Volant's applications, this filter uses advanced technology for improved efficiency. This material is a high-quality synthetic, that won't deteriorate as easily as traditional paper element and cotton/gauze filter media, while also providing vastly improved filtration up to 99.97%. In addition, it's water resistant and never needs oiling. PowerCore Filtration Technology works by directing air into the front of the filter, where it is channeled into its fluted design. The channels are alternately sealed, allowing air to enter through an open flute and forcing it to exit out an adjacent flute. This allows the air to be filtered in one pass through the filter media with less restriction, allowing clean air to enter your engine for increased airflow and higher filtration efficiency. This technology allows the filter to include a 4 year or 100,000 miles warranty when used in urban conditions.

Volant Pro-5 Filter:

5144.jpg

Many of our intakes come with this cleanable and reusable high grade cotton filter media with five-layers of protection. It reduces air restriction and increases engine output by using precision pleat geometry, that optimizes airflow throughout the intake system. We recommend using Volant cleaning and oiling system for servicing the Pro 5 Filter.

Installed:

16157_in.jpg

MEMBER SALE DETAILS

Options: #161576 w/ PowerCore Filter OR #16157 w/ Pro-5 oiled filter
Pricing: PM FOR PRICING / Credit Card Only
ETA: In stock while supplies last, build time if sold out is 7-10 days
Shipping: Free Shipping to the lower 48 USA / All others will need to PM full address for shipping quote

Due to the amazing response and perfect communication of the members here on our Corsa Exhaust Pre-sale, myself and the team wanted to reward the DD community further with our Volant brand intake sale. We thank you!

IN AN EFFORT TO CONTROL INFORMATION & MAKE IT EASY TO READ, I WILL COPY AND PASTE ANSWERS TO YOUR ?'S IN THIS 1ST POST

****NOTE: our 3rd party billing service will sometimes pre-authorize x% over the entered amount. This is a pre-auth that will fall off and show true amount charged when invoice is finalized. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion once charged.****

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
Thanks Again. The Exhaust system group purchase was the best managed sale I have been a part of & the Exhaust exceeds all my wishes. Many of us already have a CAI so It may not have the response of the first one. To any new guys on the fence JUMP in, you wont be sorry dealing with Corsa

·
Registered
171 Posts
Get this intake! I installed this with my exhaust and the change on the Durango is immense! Throttle response is vastly different. I get no noise increase from this intake that I can tell at all. I didn't think I would but I would bet the combo earned me about 10+ hp. A close friend that is a Dodge rep said he would say very possibly 20 hp. Either way, it's much improved from stock. Take them up on this offer. You won't regret it!

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

image.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

View attachment 19615
I had to keep this deal under my hat for awhile. Got the Volant well before the exhaust. Needless to say I am very pleased with it. Glad it has now been offered to everyone. Another great deal from Corsa

·
Registered
46 Posts
Many of us already have a CAI so It may not have the response of the first one. To any new guys on the fence JUMP in, you wont be sorry dealing with Corsa
I agree with both statements. I already have a Mopar CAI. Otherwise, I would have pulled the trigger on the Volant, as it appears to be of even finer construction.

Secondly, Corsa is a top notch company with great customer service. Anyone even considering doing business with them can do so without hesitation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had both the Volant and Corsa put on at the same time and had a dyno done. With no ECU change the gains were 10HP and 20TQ. I will be adding the Intune with a custom tune soon and will post the gains when done. Great products. I also agree, would love to put the Corsa emblem on the intake!

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
The factory tune is holding a lot back. With a 91 tune, 180 T stat & CAI mine pulled alot harder. Once I put on the Corsa Cat Back it pulls A LOT harder in most of the RPM range and in the 3700-4700 its INCREDIBLE difference. All i have left I can do is a throttle body upgrade and after that its major work and that's not happening.

A RIPP Supercharger is still on the wish list.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
I think I have gone as far as I am going to go except for possibly a camshaft, but even that is not really in the near future.
Dont want to run into any normal driving issues, it's a 5400 lb suv not a drag car.
STEVE

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
I think I have gone as far as I am going to go except for possibly a camshaft, but even that is not really in the near future.
Dont want to run into any normal driving issues, it's a 5400 lb suv not a drag car.
STEVE
Sawzall= 4500 lbs

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
All seats out except 1= same
Not gonna happen...lol

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Administrator