Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .. Well I have a question and I really think am stupid about asking it .. How do I switch on/off the interior lights .. I mean the handle doors ? Also when I unlock the doors the interior lights wont turn on? Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
2 small roller knobs next to headlight switch...One controls door handle lights the other the dome /dimmer circuit
STEVE

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,297 Posts
On my '14, I only have one roller knob. It dims/brightens the panel lights, and when rolled all the way to the dim position, it turns off the dome and door handle lights when the doors/hatch are open.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 small roller knobs next to headlight switch...One controls door handle lights the other the dome /dimmer circuit
STEVE
Oh I figured it now .. Thanks .. I thought this knob controls the headlight alignment. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
The knob has always been pretty standard on all cars, but the one thing that annoys me on my D is the map lights always turn on with the dome and courtesy lights... is this normal?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just think it's unnecessary having the map lights on in addition to the dome.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just think it's unnecessary having the map lights on in addition to the dome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the front overhead lights that light with the dome lights are not actually the "Map Lights" per se... If you press the button to light the Driver's or Passenger's "Map Light", you will notice there are different bulbs that light which are directed towards where a Map Light would be useful on demand. The Bulbs that light with the "Dome Lights" are indeed behind the same lens, but less focused as the actual Map Lights are.

It's easy to verify this by using the Dimmer switch to turn on the Dome Lights. Once on, then manually press the Map Lght button on the overhead console, you will notice different bulbs within the lenses turn on independently.

At least that's how my loaded 2011 DD Citadel 5.7L AWD functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,I have a problem with my interior lights,so i can turn on and off interior lights with dimmer control but i cant turn them on by the light button and with dimmer control it turn on all of them,i checked fuses and its ok,if i need just one light i cant turn it on with the light button my car is durango 2014 v6 limited

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,017 Posts
Probably a bad switch in that specific light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts