Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Durango R/T with just over 12K miles. Within the last few months I've noticed a rattle coming from the front driver and passenger side doors. Rattle is heard when I'm driving on a bumpy or gravel road and also when playing music with moderate bass at a medium to high volume. Have taken it to the dealer twice so far. The first time they realized the window regulators were installed incorrectly, so they had to order new ones and then installed those thinking that would stop the rattle. It did not. The second time I took it in they took the door panels apart and put foam tape on all of the clip cavities and edges of door panel where there was contact with the door. This was done yesterday and the noise is still there... Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? At this point I've called Dodge to report the issue and they are going to have someone reach out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2020 havnt brought to dealer yet guess its not just mine thats a problem

I have a 2020 Durango R/T with just over 12K miles. Within the last few months I've noticed a rattle coming from the front driver and passenger side doors. Rattle is heard when I'm driving on a bumpy or gravel road and also when playing music with moderate bass at a medium to high volume. Have taken it to the dealer twice so far. The first time they realized the window regulators were installed incorrectly, so they had to order new ones and then installed those thinking that would stop the rattle. It did not. The second time I took it in they took the door panels apart and put foam tape on all of the clip cavities and edges of door panel where there was contact with the door. This was done yesterday and the noise is still there... Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? At this point I've called Dodge to report the issue and they are going to have someone reach out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did they test drive the car with the interior door trim panels off with another passenger in the vehicle? That should in theory make it easier to hear/touch/grab parts of the door internal. The only other thing I can think of are the intrusion beams in side the door. There should be some flutter foam that holds/bonds it to the outer door skin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same problem with my 2020 havnt brought to dealer yet guess its not just mine thats a problem
That's what I told them. They looked for some bulletins on it, and they said they hadn't seen any on this issue. I said surely I'm not the only "lucky" one to have this issue. I'm taking it back in next week, and they're going to keep it a couple days, so hopefully third times the charm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did they test drive the car with the interior door trim panels off with another passenger in the vehicle? That should in theory make it easier to hear/touch/grab parts of the door internal. The only other thing I can think of are the intrusion beams in side the door. There should be some flutter foam that holds/bonds it to the outer door skin.
No they didn't, but that's a good thought. I'll mention that when I take it in. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
50 Posts
If they dont fix it the third time maybe try another dealer?
Dont see how the window regulators could be installed incorrectly. They only go in one way on all the cars I've owned. I replaced a couple and they all just bolt up to existing holes.
Also that was a pretty bad miss diagnostic, when that wasent really the issue. All they had to do was test drive it after they 'fixed' the regulators and they would have seen that it wasent the issue.

The service advisor should have tested it before calling you and telling you it was finished. Seems like pour customer service and Jr. Level mechanics to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
r
Do you know what the build month is on yours? Mine is December 2019. I'd be curious to know if yours is the same. It amazes me they can't put a door on properly to prevent simple issues like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts