Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 Limited Rallye that is lowered on an Eibach Pro Kit and have a Grocery Getter strut tower brace installed. I like the improved handling.

My OEM sized tires are about done and I'm researching tires and I've come across the thought of going DOWN a size (gasp).

My reason(s);

- the OEM size is on the limit for fitting to an 8" rim (and some sites say it's actually too big for an 8" rim). The sidewall on the tire is quite bulged as a result (which I suppose adds protection to the wheel). The 255 falls right in the middle of the rim size recommendations on many sites (7-9") so arguably would bulge less from the wheel and MAYBE handle a wee bit better. The difference in the tread width is only down 0.4" so not much difference on the road, and realistically probably not much different in the sidewall bulge! LOL

- MANY more options for the 255 vs the 265.

Then there's the 275/45r20... but that's going in the wrong direction!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
A quick look on tire rack shows 37 results for the 265’s vs 42 for the 255’s, prices are within a few buck of each other as well. Would you notice a difference either way? Probably not... but I’d stick with the 265 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Factory size tires are what the original suspension was designed for. But since you modified it slightly going with a slightly smaller width I can't see any issues here. The difference is small

1 - 3 of 3 Posts